Talon Range per Tank of Fuel

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
Speedo DRD makes a mileage correction device for Hondas, one of them will work on the Talon. But there are 3 speed sensors on the Talon, I'm unsure what happens between using one or three, both choices are options depending on your setup. I can't add more info, I haven't looked into it.
I was responding mostly for Dankathy. I don't know if he considered his tire circumference increase effects on perceived MPG.

Reactions: CID
advertisement
H

HondaTech

We used 70 gallons during the 12 hour TexPlex race.

Could make about 3 laps before needing fuel.

Hess offers an 11 gallon option using a stock pump.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
We used 70 gallons during the 12 hour TexPlex race.

Could make about 3 laps before needing fuel.

Hess offers an 11 gallon option using a stock pump.
That's good news. Removing the plastic tube in the gas filler increases the stock capacity from 7.3 gallons (Honda spec) to 8.6 gallons. There's already a 10 gallon aftermarket tank but a 1.4 gallon increase isn't going to get me to lay down $400. A 2.4 gallon increase might ... maybe... depending on what Hess wants for theirs. 🤔

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

That's good news. Removing the plastic tube in the gas filler increases the stock capacity from 7.3 gallons (Honda spec) to 8.6 gallons. There's already a 10 gallon aftermarket tank but a 1.4 gallon increase isn't going to get me to lay down $400. A 2.4 gallon increase might ... maybe... depending on what Hess wants for theirs. 🤔

$450 retail

Reactions: SL1kr and CID
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was responding mostly for Dankathy. I don't know if he considered his tire circumference increase effects on perceived MPG.
I dont consider mpg at all, and rarely if at all use the speedometer- just run with the traffic or whatever seems right when on the pavement. We use a tablet for the electronic maps ( gps), and the wife tracks most of our rides just for the fun of it. I normally dump the 2 1/2 gallon rotopax in at 60ish miles and finish the day. Long rides i put the 4 1/2 gallon in at lunchtime (100-120 miles) and dont give it to much more thought.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
130-140 miles with stock wheels and tires.
Well, poop, that blows up my numbers. :eek: I've since changed to 30" Chicane RX tires and my trip meter reads about 3 miles less than the GPS on a 75 mile ride. Although running til empty was a fun experiment, I doubt I'll do it again with the 30" tires - maybe next summer but the season has ended here until 60* temps return in March. 😢 🥶 😢 🥶 😢 🥶

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!