Realistic age range for youth ATV

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my little girl at age 6 the 125 taotao. (big thing is to keep the oil changed in them) My wife didn't speak to me for 3 days. But after she seen her ride it she jumped on with her and the fun begin. She has flipped it over ran into 2 trees. Just adjust it to a safe speed and helmet is a must. My son is 5 and will be getting hers next year and she will move up to my 420 IRS with 30s may try and fit 31s outlaws on it this year. but regardless it will be time for me a new one next.

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I got my sons turned almost all the way down, had a 14t from sprocket and changed it to a 12T. does much better on take off especially with the limited throttle on it right now. Might change out the rear sprocket as well. I think i was as happy as they were. Cant wait for it to warm up and start riding more with them all. Will have a go kart as well as both ATV's... so All 3 can ride now.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my sons turned almost all the way down, had a 14t from sprocket and changed it to a 12T. does much better on take off especially with the limited throttle on it right now. Might change out the rear sprocket as well. I think i was as happy as they were. Cant wait for it to warm up and start riding more with them all. Will have a go kart as well as both ATV's... so All 3 can ride now.

They are on a 4/110 so if you or anyone else whats to buy spacers they sell them on amazon.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
well, a month later and the kids decide they dont care to ride the go kart anymore, just want to ride the 4wheeler. So go kart is going away and picked up another can-am. love seeing how much they love riding.

I already replaced the throttle cable on the white one, but i never tested top speed before I did. Im curious now to test and see the difference in top speed by replacing the throttle cable with one from a DS90
IMG 0466

IMG 0468

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!