P700 Rear Brake Noise

R

Rawlins_88

Mar 8, 2022
Redding, California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, same noise as you tube video. This noise is not going to be helping my deer hunting. Deer take off in all directions when I stop. This is my first honda , after having 3 horrible Polaris side x sides
Great to find this out after I bought it. I heard all good before. I guess I'll be selling this bike. Might have to check out a kawasaki mule pro fx.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Great to find this out after I bought it. I heard all good before. I guess I'll be selling this bike. Might have to check out a kawasaki mule pro fx.
Where did you hear all good? From Honda forums?

I've seen some claim different pads help with the noise, but I have my doubts. It's a consequence of having the brake disc on the rear driveshaft and sending all braking force through the differential, so anything with that setup will probably exhibit this to some degree.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just do your research. We have a mule at work. I forget the model but it's not the pro. That thing sucks. Never has ran right since they bought it

R

Rawlins_88

Mar 8, 2022
Redding, California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I put ceramic rear brake pads on today that I bought on amazon. Then I test drove the bike and hit the brakes hard quite a few times. No more brake grinding!! I will be going to the mountains tomorrow to fully test them out. But it appears they will work fine. Hopefully this is the answer that alot of people need for this problem. It appears that the factory pads are sintered metal pads. I had some on another bike before and they squeaked like mad. Even did a pressure adjustment without help. I will report back with news about these new ceramic rear pads.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I put ceramic rear brake pads on today that I bought on amazon. Then I test drove the bike and hit the brakes hard quite a few times. No more brake grinding!! I will be going to the mountains tomorrow to fully test them out. But it appears they will work fine. Hopefully this is the answer that alot of people need for this problem. It appears that the factory pads are sintered metal pads. I had some on another bike before and they squeaked like mad. Even did a pressure adjustment without help. I will report back with news about these new ceramic rear pads.
Nice. Hope they work well for you

R

Rawlins_88

Mar 8, 2022
Redding, California
Ownership

1. 700-2
We went to the mountains today and drove the 2021 honda pioneer 700 around for almost 50 miles through rugid logging roads with tons of dust and very steep hill decent. The new Yoursme brand ceramic brake pads I installed on the rear did a wonderful job of braking and made absolutely no grinding, squeaks, or any noise all day. This definitely is the answer to rear brake grinding noise on the honda pioneer 700. It seems people have had this issue on the pioneer 700 for years. Honda should be spending a few more bucks and putting better brakes on at the factory. This is my first honda and they definitely didn't do a good job of impressing me with quality. The factory pads they installed are junk.
I bought these brake pads on amazon for front and back for $32. They are rated almost 5 stars. I hope this helps other frustrated people with the horrible brake grinding in the rear as seen on the YouTube prior on this thread.
Thank you

Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!