William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone remove the rear brake caliper yet? I'm replacing my front pads and want to check the rear. Which side do I work from? Looks like it's gonna be no fun...

Reactions: Isaiah
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey,
Sorry if i'm late replying.
But its not too hard.
Work on it from the passenger side.
Stabilize it and remove the wheel so you can access it easier. But it can be done with the wheel on also.
You need to remove the holder. BLUE
Once off, the green part needs to be retracted.
You do that by screwing it back in.
Be sure the X on the piston is aligned back up so the pin on the rear pad will sit correctly.
H15SXS500M245

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It's a pain in the butt compared to the fronts. Chances are u don't need to replace the rears yet. They last way longer than the fronts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
that some sophisticated piston assembly on the rear brake and can it still be push in like other pistons or do you need that special tool...

Reactions: Isaiah
L

layneviaene

Aug 28, 2018
Proctor
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's a pain in the butt compared to the fronts. Chances are u don't need to replace the rears yet. They last way longer than the fronts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My rear brake started squeaking a week before my front brakes.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Most of my riding is in Sandy creeks so when I changed the rear brakes I had less then 1/16 left of pad after 1700 miles.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Just did it. Rear pads did not need replacing as compared to fronts. My attempt on a how-to thread.

P500 - P500 Brake pad replacement with photos
Hey mudder you answered my question on page 8 and 9 on your right up whether to use the stock shims.Seems to make sense to protect the brake pad itself from the pistons like added protection.....did my rear pads and completely forgot to put them on and then thought maybe don't need them and wasn't required for the aftermarket pads and came without that pin that lines up with the piston..Are they like anti rattle system or something...I guess i'll have to take mine apart again and put them in plus going to see if i can do it by remove 1 bolt and loosen the the other one on the opposite side and see if i can slide out the pads.....The shims talking about and thanks for how To..

20200515 195422

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!