P500 Rear Cargo Tray Flipped around.

Geaux

Geaux

Sep 18, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
I am wonder if the Honda Rear Cargo Tray can be mounted on the rack flipped around so the enclosed face is towards the rear of the machine and the opening face is facing the cab?

Hon 15 rea car tra blk

Geaux

Geaux

Sep 18, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Just put a 2x4 across the back.
(Hopefully it’s not made for some Japanese metric spec lumber)

Still wondering if it can be installed flipped around like I was referring to.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I don't think so, or at least it would take some creative mounting.
The tray looks like it fits to the pipes of the rear rack, and hangs below the top surface of the pipes in some places.
If you turn it around the taperd section is all wrong.

Something that sits on top of the rack might be easier to turn around.
Not sure what you are truing to do but something like this might be easier to turn around:
P500 - Mighty-Lite Rear Rack
But this has slots/holes so it may not be suitable, again not sure what you are trying to achieve.

Geaux

Geaux

Sep 18, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
I don't think so, or at least it would take some creative mounting.
The tray looks like it fits to the pipes of the rear rack, and hangs below the top surface of the pipes in some places.
If you turn it around the taperd section is all wrong.

Something that sits on top of the rack might be easier to turn around.
Not sure what you are truing to do but something like this might be easier to turn around:
P500 - Mighty-Lite Rear Rack
But this has slots/holes so it may not be suitable, again not sure what you are trying to achieve.

Ok, thank you for that explanation. Makes sense.
Is what I'm looking to do is I want a box but have the tail gate end facing the cab so I have the freedom to put whatever I deem appropriate at any given time there and whatever that may be will serve as an enclosure so things dont fall out. Like a metal tool box, plastic cargo box, ect.
Imagine the dump box on bigger side x sides turned 180 degrees with the tailgate end facing the cab, but the tailgate removed. That's what I'm looking to do on my machine.
And I like the idea of a poly box that is fully inclosed rather than the metal racks.
I've looked at those poly golf cart cargo beds and they come with a tailgate so I could put it on my machine like I want and just remove the tailgate.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I go with Lee. The Honda cargo tray is molded so a 2x4 can be placed across the tray to keep things from falling out. Works great for me.

Reactions: Chuckerbird

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!