Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked and didnt see any pics in his 4 post. If i missed them i apologize.

Ive stated this many times before, since your new ill say it agin lol. A long time ago in a galexy far far away when the forum was just getting wheels, we had issues with people mostly Poo Poo (polaris) owners we think? Were posting things about Hondas, first post no intros things like…pioneer caught fire, trans blew up, POS Honda etc. and no pics! so we started saying “Pics or it didn't happen” and they couldnt provide proof and it weeded them out. So it sticked. If you post and havent posted a pic, we want to see the machine wether it be stock, souped up, wrecked, nude whatever lol. But most of all, we like pics. We and of corse myself mean no ill will towards you by saying it. If you ever go to a takeover, seeing others machines and what theyve done is a big deal. So why not on the forum? Now you know why! ;)

Well said

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe they make a different one for the 3 seater but the only difference is the cutouts for the rear net buckles on the 5 seater

Reactions: Lady01
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Id gave to disagree. Ive had mine since 16’ in mud, dust and sand and have had no issues. But i do like with all zippers i have for outdoor use, i put a little Vaseline on the whole zipper for good lubrication and keeps them from dry rotting.
The problem I have had using vaseline type products on the zippers is they reeally collect the dust then.

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hes talking about the mid panel not the rear lol. But yes, the rear tends to get the most abuse.

Just like @Greg88 but he came through with flying colors.
you got only 4 posts since 2018 and no pics yet! 🤨 In the words of sleepy Joe, C’mon man!
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)
Ha, I know right? I was a lurker for a long time then we got our P1k-5. Thanks in part to all the great info on this forum. We have slowly been adding accessories over time. Here is a pic so it did happen even with my sleepy Joe impersonation 😂
CDC6F8F1 9A8A 49C8 A1B4 732956B3A361

Since this was taken, we put the rear ROPS back on, full OEM hard top, OEM glass windshield and wiper and that damn OEM fabric back panel that lasted all of three trips. Seem like the mid panel is made from the same material. Hopefully folks have better luck with it. I am really bad with taking pictures. I will take more later and post the current setup which includes the oem hard mid panel which really cuts down on the dust and heat.

p.s., Thanks for calling me out @Remington. It is high time I post a pic or two! :)

Last edited:
A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also disagree with the criticism of Honda Powersports accessories brand of fabric mid/rear panel zippers. Some people can bend or break an anvil but for most of us, simple basic use and care will allow the ordinary owner/user to get years of use from Honda accessories.
I think the amount of dust build up is what killed it. For such an expensive item I would have expected better quality as with every other Honda accessory I have purchased.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ha, I know right? I was a lurker for a long time then we got our P1k-5. Thanks in part to all the great info on this forum. We have slowly been adding accessories over time. Here is a pic so it did happen even with my sleepy Joe impersonation 😂
View attachment 293900

Since this was taken, we put the rear ROPS back on, full OEM hard top, OEM glass windshield and wiper and that damn OEM fabric back panel that lasted all of three trips. Seem like the mid panel is made from the same material. Hopefully folks have better luck with it. I am really bad with taking pictures. I will take more later and post the current setup which includes the oem hard mid panel which really cuts down on the dust and heat.

p.s., Thanks for calling me out @Remington. It is high time I post a pic or two! :)
Its all good man!
most of all, all in good fun.

Nice machine BTW. Looks very nice! I believe that soft mid panel wit h would be the rear for you will work nicely for you

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found the mesh tops meant for a JK wrangler are nearly the same dimensions as the ones marketed for P1K5's but half the cost (got mine for $30-35).

It didn't stop the dust but did make a noticable difference. What I like most about it is being able to pile the bed full to the top (also mesh on my machine).

I just have a bunge in each lower corner which come off easily when I need to get in the back.

Pic from the front to show it is practically transparent front driver's seat.

PXL 20210909 150256196 PXL 20210909 150246055 PXL 20210909 150305486 PXL 20210909 150313617

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
So does the rear panel for the 5 seater keep out as much dirt, dust and such as the mid-panel? I'd run it without front or rear doors in the warmer months, and likely with the soft front and rear doors in the winter (if I go OEM).

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am sure someone will give feedback on the mid-panel but the pic here shows the single biggest thing to reduce dust on my p1k5. This is a seal between the bed and front seat. I used 1/2" neoprene which took some effort to get right but looks good. My brother just used a pool noodle and did the same job without looking as nice but only took a few minutes to get right.

For reference, I already had weather strip on my front doors. Before I made this mod.

PXL 20210326 0446359252

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am sure someone will give feedback on the mid-panel but the pic here shows the single biggest thing to reduce dust on my p1k5. This is a seal between the bed and front seat. I used 1/2" neoprene which took some effort to get right but looks good. My brother just used a pool noodle and did the same job without looking as nice but only took a few minutes to get right.

For reference, I already had weather strip on my front doors. Before I made this mod.

View attachment 302354

I used to have a pool noodle between the front and bed, just like your post. I found it didn't do much. For dust and powdery snow, the air is coming in behind the headrest. I made a rear mesh and it helps, but there's still a lot of dust and snow coming in when moving at pace. FWIW: I have a full windshield (w/seizmik vents), no mid-cab mesh, but now run a rear mesh which helps.
IMG 2236

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
We put about 15 miles on it just running the dirt roads around the area. Actually, they were muddy due to all the rain. The inside of the windshield was covered is a mist of fine wet sand. It appeared to me as if most came from the rear via the "stationwagon" effect. That's why I was wondering if a rear panel would help despite not wanting to run the side panels on all 4 doors or if the mid panel would be needed (debris coming from the rear sides?).

@StewB might I ask where you sourced that rear mesh panel from? Thx.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We put about 15 miles on it just running the dirt roads around the area. Actually, they were muddy due to all the rain. The inside of the windshield was covered is a mist of fine wet sand. It appeared to me as if most came from the rear via the "stationwagon" effect. That's why I was wondering if a rear panel would help despite not wanting to run the side panels on all 4 doors or if the mid panel would be needed (debris coming from the rear sides?).

@StewB might I ask where you sourced that rear mesh panel from? Thx.

I think this will link to a prior post with more detail.

If not, search mesh and dump truck. The mesh was from a dump truck load cover (they're now about $35ish). But there's plenty of mesh for the rear panel and a front and rear storage bin up under the roof. I stitched mine while watching TV, so it was an easy multitask.

Yesterday I had to haul a bunch of fallen trees and branches. It was easy to roll and bungee the panel up under the roof to use the dump bed. Been happy with it and the storage bags too. The front bag under the roof is open on both sides and holds goggles, disposable rain ponchos, and a dog harness - the stuff I need most often. The rear under roof storage holds water, some tools, and the survival coffee with a rocket stove and butane. The necessities.

W

Wyoming1

Oct 24, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have found if you loosen the buckles on your mid-panel prior to zipping/unzipping it helps tremendously. I use Rtic zipper lube on mine a few times a year. It makes a huge difference and you can definitely tell the difference when zipping/unzipping.

Between the mid-panel and the Superatv rear windshield, I have found it cuts down on dust, wind, and snow by 75% or more.

Screenshot 20211106 052521 Gallery Screenshot 20211106 052608 Gallery

Reactions: StewB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!