P1000m5 Rear Fabric Panel or Windshield

G

Greg88

Jun 13, 2021
Friendsville, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a front windshield and the vacuum effect in the cab is bad. So I am looking at purchasing something for my rear either a window or panel. hich does everyone prefer and any cool ones out there that you would recommend?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
R

rickoshea

i like my oem soft mid panel.just unzip and roll it up when the half windshield is on.zip it back up when the full one is on.is it airtight?not even close,but it works well enough with the soft doors,roof and full windshield.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Like @rickoshea said, I like the Honda soft mid panel. Works very well. And you can unzip it for more air to flow .

@Greg88
You have 3 post and no Pics yet….
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

G

Greg88

Jun 13, 2021
Friendsville, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are pictures.

PXL 20210626 140845846 PXL 20210626 140901820 PXL 20210626 140852263

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have heard the zippers on the OEM panel are cheap and don't last?
Id gave to disagree. Ive had mine since 16’ in mud, dust and sand and have had no issues. But i do like with all zippers i have for outdoor use, i put a little Vaseline on the whole zipper for good lubrication and keeps them from dry rotting.

A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have heard the zippers on the OEM panel are cheap and don't last?
Out of all the oem accessories I’ve bought, the oem soft rear panel didn’t last 3 rides. The snaps don’t work, first the passenger zipper broke then the driver side. They worked fine until they got dusty. Very disappointed on the wasted money we spent on the rear panel. We Are running the full glass windshield and without a mid or rear panel, the dust is unbearable.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Out of all the oem accessories I’ve bought, the oem soft rear panel didn’t last 3 rides. The snaps don’t work, first the passenger zipper broke then the driver side. They worked fine until they got dusty. Very disappointed on the wasted money we spent on the rear panel. We Are running the full glass windshield and without a mid or rear panel, the dust is unbearable.
Hes talking about the mid panel not the rear lol. But yes, the rear tends to get the most abuse.

Just like @Greg88 but he came through with flying colors.
you got only 4 posts since 2018 and no pics yet! 🤨 In the words of sleepy Joe, C’mon man!
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

G

Greg88

Jun 13, 2021
Friendsville, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hes talking about the mid panel not the rear lol. But yes, the rear tends to get the most abuse.

Just like @Greg88 but he came through with flying colors.
you got only 4 posts since 2018 and no pics yet! 🤨 In the words of sleepy Joe, C’mon man!
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)
If you look previously in this thread there are pics. Very observant, and anyone can photo shop anything so I don't understand the big deal about pictures.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I also disagree with the criticism of Honda Powersports accessories brand of fabric mid/rear panel zippers.

Some people can bend or break an anvil but for most of us, simple basic use and care will allow the ordinary owner/user to get years of use from Honda accessories.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you look previously in this thread there are pics. Very observant, and anyone can photo shop anything so I don't understand the big deal about pictures.
I looked and didnt see any pics in his 4 post. If i missed them i apologize.

Ive stated this many times before, since your new ill say it agin lol. A long time ago in a galexy far far away when the forum was just getting wheels, we had issues with people mostly Poo Poo (polaris) owners we think? Were posting things about Hondas, first post no intros things like…pioneer caught fire, trans blew up, POS Honda etc. and no pics! so we started saying “Pics or it didn't happen” and they couldnt provide proof and it weeded them out. So it sticked. If you post and havent posted a pic, we want to see the machine wether it be stock, souped up, wrecked, nude whatever lol. But most of all, we like pics. We and of corse myself mean no ill will towards you by saying it. If you ever go to a takeover, seeing others machines and what theyve done is a big deal. So why not on the forum? Now you know why! ;)

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
To me, one of the most important reasons for posting photos is photos are interesting and text is boring. Everyone enjoys seein0g photos of members machines with their own personalized modifications. Photos with interesting sights and scenes in the background are interesting also. I enjoy the action photos on thee trails as well.

If I see a new post listed I usually open it. If it's only text, no photos, it's boring and I often close it without even reading it. The old adage - "a photo is worth 1000 words is very true."

The worst posts for me are when someone asks a question about something specific, perhaps detailed, that requires being able to see it to answer - without posting a photo.

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I also disagree with the criticism of Honda Powersports accessories brand of fabric mid/rear panel zippers. Some people can bend or break an anvil but for most of us, simple basic use and care will allow the ordinary owner/user to get years of use from Honda accessories.
I had 3 weeks and my zippers were junk on both the mid and rear panel. Took them to a local upholstery shop and the put new ones on, big plastic #10 like a life jacket. Now they work great. Honda did offer to swap the panels, can't fault them on that. Didn't want to deal with getting the same zippers, they are too fine toothed for a machine that's made to get dirty.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vikes79
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Honda Powersports Accessories are not made by Honda. I'm sure they're contracted out. Perhaps to the lowest bidder?

They may be made in China for all I know.

Reactions: Vikes79
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I looked and didnt see any pics in his 4 post. If i missed them i apologize.

Ive stated this many times before, since your new ill say it agin lol. A long time ago in a galexy far far away when the forum was just getting wheels, we had issues with people mostly Poo Poo (polaris) owners we think? Were posting things about Hondas, first post no intros things like…pioneer caught fire, trans blew up, POS Honda etc. and no pics! so we started saying “Pics or it didn't happen” and they couldnt provide proof and it weeded them out. So it sticked. If you post and havent posted a pic, we want to see the machine wether it be stock, souped up, wrecked, nude whatever lol. But most of all, we like pics. We and of corse myself mean no ill will towards you by saying it. If you ever go to a takeover, seeing others machines and what theyve done is a big deal. So why not on the forum? Now you know why! ;)
Who is We ?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!