P1000 Rear fabric panel?

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking of getting a rear fabric panel to help reduce the dust, I'm not sure which to get, the mid or the rear panel, I have the p1k5 and do carry passengers occasionally so I'm thinking the rear. Anyone have experience with these panels?

LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go for the rear. Got one on mine and works great. Rear will work for both with or without passengers
Thinking of getting a rear fabric panel to help reduce the dust, I'm not sure which to get, the mid or the rear panel, I have the p1k5 and do carry passengers occasionally so I'm thinking the rear. Anyone have experience with these panels?

Reactions: Stauvo
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the mid because I liked the look of it better and didn't want to Block the back of my bed. When I trail ride I put all my gear back there. But if you trail ride with passengers then rear would be better

Reactions: Stauvo
Odd_Ball

Odd_Ball

Apr 6, 2016
Williams, CA
I'd get the mid. You can zip open the window or roll it up if you have passengers. I have the mid + half windshield + roof and get no dust within the front seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I have soft panels all way around and on a dusty trail they do not help that much in keeping dust out. Mostly needed them for hunting in fall, no dust here just wet trails and snow hopefully.

100 0962

Reactions: Terminator
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

If you ride with passengers, get the rear panel. The mid panel will protect you from dust but not the rear passengers.

As for easy access to cargo in the rear, it zips up quickly and completely out of the way. Plus you can still access from the side.

Old picture but it shows it installed
3412babb8206b7bd55174d2e04b25bc1

Here's one with it rolled up
97a76bb019151eca70b3005d12c2a666

I guess you could try both. I've been thinking about that myself.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We have both the mid helps more by far. Both are nice though. The rear would let out more heat though.

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the help, you guys are great!!! I think I'll go with the rear for my passengers.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll eventually have both. After riding on gravel roads today for the first time, we were covered!! Will get the rear first and then the mid for cold during fall/spring hunting.

Reactions: JTW and Terminator
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you ride with passengers, get the rear panel. The mid panel will protect you from dust but not the rear passengers.

As for easy access to cargo in the rear, it zips up quickly and completely out of the way. Plus you can still access from the side.

Old picture but it shows it installed
View attachment 20027

Here's one with it rolled up
View attachment 20028

I guess you could try both. I've been thinking about that myself.

Have you tried both mid and rear panel? I have just the mid and it works great for front seat but rear seats are completely dusted.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!