P1000 Rear floorboard melted

A

AnthonyAce

May 7, 2018
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 53053 Has anyone had the exhaust burn a hole in the Right rear floorboard?
Did this happen before or after a comfort kit install? I never noticed it on mine until just now after a cabin comfort kit was installed. Same exact spot.

Reactions: sharp
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did this happen before or after a comfort kit install? I never noticed it on mine until just now after a cabin comfort kit was installed. Same exact spot.

View attachment 74766
Before. They installed cabin comfort kit while it was at the dealer having this problem fixed.

A

AnthonyAce

May 7, 2018
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before. They installed cabin comfort kit while it was at the dealer having this problem fixed.
Were you still under warranty? They are saying they might fix mine even though it's not still under warranty.

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Were you still under warranty? They are saying they might fix mine even though it's not still under warranty.

It was still under warranty at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: crazychris
A

AnthonyAce

May 7, 2018
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sent pictures to my local shop and also called Honda. Honda gave the same old "we've never seen that before". About two days later they got back to me that they will fix it parts and labor under "good will" since the machine is not under warranty.

Reactions: Mudwing and lee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!