P1000 REAR Mud Flaps

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for ideas on mud flaps for behind rear tires, NOT fender flares which I have Mud Busters. Don't see anything ready made so I made 1 prototype out of a big truck flap. Wasn't real pretty,,,but it worked. I'm open to ideas.

My problem is I have a bed extender and the rear tires throw mud onto/into it even past the Mud Busters

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for ideas on mud flaps for behind rear tires, NOT fender flares which I have Mud Busters. Don't see anything ready made so I made 1 prototype out of a big truck flap. Wasn't real pretty,,,but it worked. I'm open to ideas.

My problem is I have a bed extender and the rear tires throw mud onto/into it even past the Mud Busters
Can you post pictures of the prototype and what bed extender your using. I’m curious as I’m looking to get a bed extender in the near future and that was one of my concerns was how much mud will sling inside. I have Mud Busters as well.

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you post pictures of the prototype and what bed extender your using. I’m curious as I’m looking to get a bed extender in the near future and that was one of my concerns was how much mud will sling inside. I have Mud Busters as well.
Will do ASAP

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
5 or 3 seater?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5 seat

The bed extender is made by JEI. Pics

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
631FD67C ACE9 42CE BC09 3CF76C7AD8D3

Reactions: Remington
Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The mud flap may be a necessary evil per se. As most may not like the look on a off-road vehicle, it the only way to keep the mud off. I have a drop basket on the back of my Yamaha Grizzly ATV and the only way to keep mud out was to hang mud flaps off of it which solved the issue. Otherwise you could take thin UHMV plastic and line the bottom and sides of the JEI tailgate extender to keep mud from entering it or the contents inside but you still have mud everywhere else. Anybody else have thoughts?

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
well looks like all you have to do is widen that flap a little more if your still getting mud back there. to compensate for off camber water splashes.

Actually no mud is getting in.

I probably should seal in the bottom of the extender though

advertisement
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i wouldnt but your flaps work on line of site and looks like they arent long enough or wide enough to me. . then again any longer i can see it getting hung in the tire in reverse

A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The mud flap may be a necessary evil per se. As most may not like the look on a off-road vehicle, it the only way to keep the mud off. I have a drop basket on the back of my Yamaha Grizzly ATV and the only way to keep mud out was to hang mud flaps off of it which solved the issue. Otherwise you could take thin UHMV plastic and line the bottom and sides of the JEI tailgate extender to keep mud from entering it or the contents inside but you still have mud everywhere else. Anybody else have thoughts?
The flaps are the way to go IMO. Looks not a big deal to me, form follows function.

If you have a rear bumper it might be a better place to hang them. Where I have them mounted I have to tilt the bottom out so it won't possible catch the tire. Also sits at an angle. But it works

Reactions: Alan_Vander
A

ArTurf

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i wouldnt but your flaps work on line of site and looks like they arent long enough or wide enough to me. . then again any longer i can see it getting hung in the tire in reverse

The size works for me since it stops everything/everywhere I need it to. Any bigger just more chance of hanging on something. I'll use black washers on the finished product. I was duck hunting the other day and looked at my SxS parked away from the blind and it was like there were 2 mirrors reflecting the sun

Reactions: Alan_Vander

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!