P1000 Rear prop shaft upgrades?

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dose any body know if there is a upgraded rear prop shaft for the 21 pioneer 1000-5 limited I broke mine I’d like to put a better one in I see that rhino makes a front one but don’t see the rear one that goes from sub trans to rear diff thanks in advance

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Prob cuz its an LE!
stuff is WAF on those. Took SATV years to get aftermarket Axels made.
Yea I know right I haven’t pulled it off yet so idk if it’s the prop shaft or the diff but I’m praying it’s the shaft cause idk anything about rebuilding the diff

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Inquiring minds (well, what's left of an old one) want to know . . . how'd it get broken or damaged??
Here’s the back story
Went to buckhorn big ride in Vidalia GA was maybe 10 min into the first trail and was having a hard time getting up a muddy slope my crew was telling me to take a side path so I did and ended up bogged down to the hood after breaking my winch rope and several other buggies winch ropes and even a few buggies broke trying to help I ended having to pay a guy with a skid steer and a 30k winch to come lift me out once out I found the rack broke and the right front rhino axle broke the rear tires were spinning in N as it was being hauled out the trail after I got it home dropped skid plate cleaned out A lot of mud and was shaking all the other axles and shafts and found the rear prop shaft had a lot of movement near where it enters the rear diff dose not feel attached at all that’s where I’m at now I can update as i dig further

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
In case you didn't know the rear prop shaft does move around a bit inside the coupler as its spring loaded and the coupler does also move around a bit inside the diff. So maybe take it apart and see if anything is as bad as what your thinking. The coupler is just held inside the diff with a c clip and pulls out of the diff just like the axles do. You can unbolt the diff and slide it back far enough to be able to pull the prop shaft and coupler apart. Read this it's when I changed my rear diff seal. It shows how it can be taken apart without a whole bunch of disassemble ?? Hope this helps

Last edited:
Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In case you didn't know the rear prop shaft does move around a bit inside the coupler as its spring loaded and the coupler does also move around a bit inside the diff. So maybe take it apart and see if anything is as bad as what your thinking. The coupler is just held inside the diff with a c clip and pulls out of the diff just like the axles do. You can unbolt the diff and slide it back far enough to be able to pull the prop shaft and coupler apart. Read this it's when I changed my rear diff seal. It shows how it can be taken apart without a whole bunch of disassemble ?? Hope this helps

Thanks

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!