P1000 rear spring spacers honda pioneer 1000-5 only with load leveling

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I've seen a lot posted on the 700's and some on 1000 with no load leveling ability! but I am interested in members that have put rear spacers on 1000-5 with load leveling!!! how it worked out? what they used? did they make the pipe spacers same height as the front that they chose? ak_centurian had a post but I can't find an area where he said it worked out or not.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I don't recall anyone doing spacer on the load leveling shocks.... Yet!
If @AK_Centurion did I must have missed it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do suspect it'll work but I don't remember seeing anything either

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
so for a re-cap what were the measurement on the ones u added to the front and how much did it raise it and measurement for rear and how much it raised it? if u still have the results thanks

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
so for a re-cap what were the measurement on the ones u added to the front and how much did it raise it and measurement for rear and how much it raised it? if u still have the results thanks
Fronts were 1 1/16". I didn't do a before and after measurement, figure it gained 2". Rear was 2" spacer and it raised it 4".

Reactions: dotman1 and pct
ErikHonda4Life

ErikHonda4Life

Jun 6, 2015
The spacers work. Not sure how it affected the load leveling, I never checked it out. I guess I don't compress the shocks enough for them to kick in any more. Made the spacers 2" tall to level it out with the front. Raised the rear almost 4".

so have you had any problems out of it since installing? is the ride stiffer? I know when the unit is new it sits up but once you put some miles on it the settle was the lift spacers you installed to off set the settling or was it a true lift after you ran it awhile?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!