Rear Springs are they different

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I was looking in the babbits parts on line and looked at the rear and front springs on the pioneer. according to the parts numbers the fronts are the same but the backs are different numbers sort of. This is the part # for the P-2 52400-HL3-A11
This is the P-4 # 52400-HL3-A01 the last two are different. Now my question is this do you think the rear springs are a bit heavier for the P-4 because of the ability to carry people in the rear??

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rear are adjustable as well, but yeah logic would dictate that the 1000 pound load capacity and the extra people would require a heavier setup. Question is will it fit on the front and work with the much lighter front end or would you bend front end components the first hard hit and shocks did not rebound enough because the shocks are too stiff?

Honestly on the lightest setting I would almost bet(someone else's money for rear shocks and possible front end damage) that it would work.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I did look at this but my quick measuring left me understanding the rear shock was shorter then the front. So I did not try to swap them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!