P500 Rear View Mirror Problem

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
This is my second attempt to get a rear view mirror mounted on my P5. I thought this would be a very easy mod.

First attempt: Went to Ebay and found a fairly cheap ($29.00) rear view mirror that stated it was compatible with the P5. It contained multiple sized rubber inserts 1.5" and 1.75". My P5 roll bar measures 41.37mm (1.628") so the mirror bracket would not fit. Sent it back.

Second attempt: Halo-R Rearview Mirror with ABS Bezel – 1.625″ and 1.5″ Round Tube ROPS with shims – Seizmik
I installed per instructions and it is loose on my roll bar tube and just flops around. I really like this mirror for the color option (red) to match my P5 and it appears well made. The box it comes in has Honda P500 printed on the outside. I could make this mirror work by making a shim. Considering returning this one also for a replacement of the same.

IMG 0825

Any one have similar issues with rear mirrors not fitting properly? Am I missing something simple?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Consider Honda OEM quick clamps, Got mine at Honda 08R70-HL3-A00 - Best Price on Honda ROPS CLAMP Parts at BikeBandit.com. Since paying shipping anyway, ordered a couple extra for future stuff, or if one ever breaks, $8 good deal IMO.

For P500, get 41.3 mm dia, or approx 1 5/8 inch size. Ones for a P1000 are larger. Adjustable tension. Already used one to mount a 2 way radio, now beside a OEM mirror. Never know, a trail radio could be in your future plans, mods never end. LOL

712FBDB1 6CCE 4ACC 9F5A 0E5DE64CCE24

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I went through a couple of rear view mirrors because I thought they all sucked. Ended up with the Honda oem one, $80 and wasn't thrilled with that one either. I wanted something with a longer arm to get it away from your head, hated having to look up. Made a custom bracket and incorporated it into the Honda roof clamp, liked it better. Then ended up getting Kolpin side mirrors for plowing and don't use the rear view at all anymore even though it's still on there.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Did same as Trigger, Kolpin sides and OEM rear view still mounted, each has its use since its up there. Kolpins were good quality for the money IMO, firm mounts and they fold in if hitting something. Put round fisheyes on them to see close quarters on rear wheels or backing up.

Last edited:
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This is my second attempt to get a rear view mirror mounted on my P5. I thought this would be a very easy mod.

First attempt: Went to Ebay and found a fairly cheap ($29.00) rear view mirror that stated it was compatible with the P5. It contained multiple sized rubber inserts 1.5" and 1.75". My P5 roll bar measures 41.37mm (1.628") so the mirror bracket would not fit. Sent it back.

Second attempt: Halo-R Rearview Mirror with ABS Bezel – 1.625″ and 1.5″ Round Tube ROPS with shims – Seizmik
I installed per instructions and it is loose on my roll bar tube and just flops around. I really like this mirror for the color option (red) to match my P5 and it appears well made. The box it comes in has Honda P500 printed on the outside. I could make this mirror work by making a shim. Considering returning this one also for a replacement of the same.

View attachment 87106

Any one have similar issues with rear mirrors not fitting properly? Am I missing something simple?
I agree with you, that red is nice and it does look quite well put together. They sure are proud of it too!!! ;)

Reactions: BuckCreek01
BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with you, that red is nice and it does look quite well put together. They sure are proud of it too!!! ;)

Sezmik sent me some thin rubber shims and it all worked out fine. Yes it was a little pricey but made in the USA.

P

PBishop

Jun 23, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
nice-forklift-mirrors-vumax-3-plant-onboard-mirror-768x1024.jpg

This is what I am using. Works great. As you can guess, it is for forklifts.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I have tried to use several of the rear-view in cab mirrors without much success. I like the Kolpin side mirrors the best but I'm going with a EMP roof this time and it doesn't overhang in the back like the OEM roof does. My buff with the inside mirrors is they are to big for a small machine and they are to close to my head when on a rough trail. I've got a new idea for a rearview mirror I'm working on now. I'll share if it works out

C

Chooglin

I have tried to use several of the rear-view in cab mirrors without much success. I like the Kolpin side mirrors the best but I'm going with a EMP roof this time and it doesn't overhang in the back like the OEM roof does. My buff with the inside mirrors is they are to big for a small machine and they are to close to my head when on a rough trail. I've got a new idea for a rearview mirror I'm working on now. I'll share if it works out
I just welded an exstension on the Rops mounting bracket, wich allows the mirror to hang lower and swivel farther away from you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My buff with the inside mirrors is they are to big for a small machine and they are to close to my head when on a rough trail.
Exactly....because our front ROPS bar is very close. I made a custom bracket that moved it forward out of my face.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have the OEM with quick clamp, rotated it forward near windshield, much better, but it is a bit bigger than needed for a quick glance behind you. 1/2 width would be ideal. Mirrored up with sides and center.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!