P1000 Redneck Fix for Foot Fatigue

N

Nvrgiveup

If you’re like me, you absolutely HATE the retarded angle of your foot when you manipulate the accelerator pedal. After a few minutes, my foot is in pain when on a ride.
Instead of buying the aftermarket accessory to help with this issue, I laid a piece of 2x4 in the floor and that 1 3/4” lift made a HUGE difference.
I’ll be swapping in out for a 2x10 with a piece of rubber on the bottom to keep it from slipping.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you’re like me, you absolutely HATE the retarded angle of your foot when you manipulate the accelerator pedal. After a few minutes, my foot is in pain when on a ride.
Instead of buying the aftermarket accessory to help with this issue, I laid a piece of 2x4 in the floor and that 1 3/4” lift made a HUGE difference.
I’ll be swapping in out for a 2x10 with a piece of rubber on the bottom to keep it from slipping.
I could see were that would work, wonder about adding a heel stop as well?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That was my plan if I had bought a Honda. Simple solution to stupid Honda design.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
IMG 4988
IMG 4989

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, I'm all in for innovation . . . however, there is one advantage the Throttle-Max (or a barn hinge substitute) provides that a heel raising device does not. The Throttle-Max doesn't take away leg room and thigh support. Being a penny-pinching old geezer, I was reluctant to fork over the coin for the TM. Not sorry now, it was a good buy.

If leg support isn't an issue, raising the foot looks to be a good alternative.

N

Nvrgiveup

Okay, I'm all in for innovation . . . however, there is one advantage the Throttle-Max (or a barn hinge substitute) provides that a heel raising device does not. The Throttle-Max doesn't take away leg room and thigh support. Being a penny-pinching old geezer, I was reluctant to fork over the coin for the TM. Not sorry now, it was a good buy.

If leg support isn't an issue, raising the foot looks to be a good alternative.

I agree, but I’m tighter than a pygmie virgin, and that’s why I tried the 2x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
S

scdaf

Mar 31, 2021
central Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a problem unique to Hondas. I used the 2 x 6 approach in my Teryx, but decided not to Mickey Mouse the Pioneer.
Throttle Maxx makes models for dozens of side by sides, so the problem must be widespread.

Reactions: Lady01 and Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Not a problem unique to Hondas. I used the 2 x 6 approach in my Teryx, but decided not to Mickey Mouse the Pioneer.
Throttle Maxx makes models for dozens of side by sides, so the problem must be widespread.
That's surprising, I didn't realize making an ergonomic gas pedal was difficult thing.

The gas pedal in my Wolverine is like a regular automotive gas pedal, it's very comfortable.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the exact same thing, as my wife is short and while sitting in the seat normally, her heel does not touch the floor. When she pushes on the gas pedal it's toe only and the thing lurches like crazy.

I used a 2x10, cut out the front right corner so the pedal can go down past it, trimmed a leftover piece of treadmill walking belt and stapled it to the bottom. Then painted the board black. This took care of her shortness issues and when I use the board, it puts my ankle at a much better angle like the throttle max guys talk about. The pic is obviously before black paint but that's the free fix that works great!

Board

Last edited:
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I did the exact same thing, as my wife is short and while sitting in the seat normally, her heel does not touch the floor. When she pushes on the gas pedal it's toe only and the thing lurches like crazy.

I used a 2x10, cut out the front right corner so the pedal can go down past it, trimmed a leftover piece of treadmill walking belt and stapled it to the bottom. Then painted the board black. This took care of her shortness issues and when I use the board, it puts my ankle at a much better angle like the throttle max guys talk about. The pic is obviously before black paint but that's the free fix that works great!

View attachment 322007
I guess that is way to difficult for Honda to fix..... Their lack of giving a s*** is really getting old.

• Haha
Reactions: Wellzy
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got tired of wet feet so I grabbed a 2x10 just to get my foot/feet off the floor. I noticed the angle on the accelerator was better and the board has stayed.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
It helps but doesn’t eliminate the problem

I gave a talon, same herky jerky

Stiff suspension doesn’t help much on the machine either

Reactions: Lady01 and Yakman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!