Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
1 year birthday on a 2017, 900 miles, no problems....except I keep finding more accessories to buy. Found this site to research about buying a P500, and three weeks later had one in the driveway. Pic from the stock “beginning to now”.
What a difference a year makes with all the help from this forum: Roof, windshield, 27 wheels, rims, radio, Strongmade front bumper, winch and wireless remote, rock sliders, A arm and wheel well protection, cargo box x2, heat shield, rear panel, Under seat trash can storage, AT adjustment, seat belt disable, sway bar disconnect, 3 way hitch, cargo light, Choogin glove box, GB 40 jump starter, EZ power steering, Honda SxS decales.

Nice trip down memory lane...

2278AE1D C9CF 4230 B9CC 0A747F81DFB9 2E0891BF FB6D 469C ACFF E0F2D20FCEAC

Last edited:
B

bigDhonda

Oct 21, 2014
The only thing i have seen that is even close to a problem, is the lack of maintenance of the air filter. I am a honda service mgr at a store in Nebraska. Lots of farmers and ranchers using these,mostly 1000's. the ONLY issue is the consumer not doing more then reg sched maint on the air filter. very dusty conditions can fill that filter up in a day. honda has pointed out, if you have a cabin on the 500's or 700's, CHECK AIR FILTER DAILY!!!!!! Get a spare,I tell them,then it is only 1/2 of the drag to change it more often. keep one filter maintained and in a big ziplock baggie, and its' not a big deal to change it often. pretty cheap insurance for the engine. I tell my cust all the time, "clean air. clean oil & that's all they need for a long happy life". Some have not listened,sad.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
81D99A03 0B78 4450 8689 1EBB596BB35A
The only thing i have seen that is even close to a problem, is the lack of maintenance of the air filter. I am a honda service mgr at a store in Nebraska. Lots of farmers and ranchers using these,mostly 1000's. the ONLY issue is the consumer not doing more then reg sched maint on the air filter. very dusty conditions can fill that filter up in a day. honda has pointed out, if you have a cabin on the 500's or 700's, CHECK AIR FILTER DAILY!!!!!! Get a spare,I tell them,then it is only 1/2 of the drag to change it more often. keep one filter maintained and in a big ziplock baggie, and its' not a big deal to change it often. pretty cheap insurance for the engine. I tell my cust all the time, "clean air. clean oil & that's all they need for a long happy life". Some have not listened,sad.
I found a simple trick to cut down on air filter maintenance was to take the air intake off the fender and zip tied it to cross rail right behind the seat. I have the Honda rear window panel, it is inside of it now,breathing much cleaner air inside the cab

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500

Really appreciate hearing from a Honda srvc manager. I now have two filters... and you have motivated me to clean the filter today.

I bought the Honda on the simple assumption that I will never have a mechanical failure. 40 years on Honda bikes, atvs and now the P5 and I've never been towed out of the woods.

Reactions: HUCK
R

Rebal

Dec 18, 2017
Shedd,Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Have had my P500 for 13 months with just over 1000 miles on it. Not one issue with the machine. Additionally I use it to mowing with a 52" wide trail cutter at 3mph so I have a lot of engine hours at that low speed towing as well, not just casual trail riding. Very happy with it.
I have a pull behind 42" mower I would like to use behind the p500. I do it now with a Vinson 500 quad. Part up and down hill. Thinking about buying a p500 if it would work for this aplacation. Thanks for you input. Has anyone else used their p500 for slow speed mowing? 3 mph

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I have a pull behind 42" mower I would like to use behind the p500. I do it now with a Vinson 500 quad. Part up and down hill. Thinking about buying a p500 if it would work for this aplacation. Thanks for you input. Has anyone else used their p500 for slow speed mowing? 3 mph
NO PROBLEM ! It will run all day at 1-5 mph and maybe use a quart of fuel .

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
2500 miles only time it visits the Honda Shop is for service.......Just exactly what we we expected from the P5.....Ours is a 2015 considering a new one with the auto shift.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thought i bump this up to see if any new news.thinking of buying a P5 while i wait for the Talon when ever it appears..lol
So in the mean time , I'm looking at buying a P5 and like to know more about the P5 and to see new miles driven...

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
I tow a 60” Swisher with my P5 and also push a 60” snow plow-it does awsome

Reactions: terbo
M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
I tow a 60” Swisher mower and push a 60” snow plow very efficiently

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!