P500 Reliability Reports

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
The only thing i have seen that is even close to a problem, is the lack of maintenance of the air filter. I am a honda service mgr at a store in Nebraska. Lots of farmers and ranchers using these,mostly 1000's. the ONLY issue is the consumer not doing more then reg sched maint on the air filter. very dusty conditions can fill that filter up in a day. honda has pointed out, if you have a cabin on the 500's or 700's, CHECK AIR FILTER DAILY!!!!!! Get a spare,I tell them,then it is only 1/2 of the drag to change it more often. keep one filter maintained and in a big ziplock baggie, and its' not a big deal to change it often. pretty cheap insurance for the engine. I tell my cust all the time, "clean air. clean oil & that's all they need for a long happy life". Some have not listened,sad.

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
I live in the dusty west-I have installed a snorkel and 2 air filters + the OEM behind the seat. Regular service of snorkel filters leave the OEM filter very clean

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Thought i bump this up to see if any new news.thinking of buying a P5 while i wait for the Talon when ever it appears..lol
So in the mean time , I'm looking at buying a P5 and like to know more about the P5 and to see new miles driven...
2500 trouble free miles . My local dealer has Talons ordered and expecting them in December .

Reactions: Rustneversleeps
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
2016 P-500 with 3,100 trouble free miles. Had it about 2 1/2 years now.
Fantastic.... I have about 1K miles across two different unit and no issues on either.
Upload 2018 11 2 19 33 2

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
2500 trouble free miles . My local dealer has Talons ordered and expecting them in December .
As far as I've heard, it'll be well into the '19 calender year before dealers receive any Talons.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
The only thing i have seen that is even close to a problem, is the lack of maintenance of the air filter. I am a honda service mgr at a store in Nebraska. Lots of farmers and ranchers using these,mostly 1000's. the ONLY issue is the consumer not doing more then reg sched maint on the air filter. very dusty conditions can fill that filter up in a day. honda has pointed out, if you have a cabin on the 500's or 700's, CHECK AIR FILTER DAILY!!!!!! Get a spare,I tell them,then it is only 1/2 of the drag to change it more often. keep one filter maintained and in a big ziplock baggie, and its' not a big deal to change it often. pretty cheap insurance for the engine. I tell my cust all the time, "clean air. clean oil & that's all they need for a long happy life". Some have not listened,sad.

Most people are too frick'n lazy to do any maintenance or even clean up their units. I'm so sick of inconsiderate a-hole customers bringing dirty units in that we have to spend an hour washing so we can work on them. Okay, rant over ;)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most people are too frick'n lazy to do any maintenance or even clean up their units. I'm so sick of inconsiderate a-hole customers bringing dirty units in that we have to spend an hour washing so we can work on them. Okay, rant over ;)

Charge them hourly labor rates a couple times for a FULL CLEAN AND DETAIL and they will learn.

Reactions: Mudder
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
really... so instead of me wanting a P500 like now, i might be able to get a talon come December..Now i really have to wait..

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
Well my last visit to the dealer-advised of a $90 per hour labor rate.......just saying

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Fantastic.... I have about 1K miles across two different unit and no issues on either. View attachment 92610
Side note, I like your extended rack/bed. I put 3400 trouble-free miles on a 2016 Honda Rancher, and with similar motor/parts, I expect the same out of my new Pioneer. Time will tell. Up to 10 hrs and 40 miles now.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Side note, I like your extended rack/bed. I put 3400 trouble-free miles on a 2016 Honda Rancher, and with similar motor/parts, I expect the same out of my new Pioneer. Time will tell. Up to 10 hrs and 40 miles now.
I'm confident you will have a great time putting miles/hours on the Pioneer. I'm surprised you only have 40 miles on it so far, LOL

Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I'm confident you will have a great time putting miles/hours on the Pioneer. I'm surprised you only have 40 miles on it so far, LOL
I'm surprised too! ...several things at work here (1) still haven't received the plate/reg from the dealer, don't want tickets; (2) I've only had it for one week, haven't had a chance to go out on a real ride, only putting around the neighborhood with kids, and doing projects around the house. The miles will come! :)

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I think I put 40 miles on mine on the first day. LOL
I'm taking Rambo to the Little Sahara Sand Dunes in Utah in less than two weeks. That'll be an additional 6-8 hrs and 30+ miles. How many miles have you got on yours now?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!