P1000 replaced clutchs and still slips between shifts

River Ridge

River Ridge

Nov 29, 2022
Navasota tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
hondatech: no cover on yet, apparently the cover I ordered (which still isn't here) has been lost in transit and im getting a refund, I just put everything back together so I can check trans pressure.
I did not remove that bigger cover but i did send my bore scope down to inspect the screen inside which was spotless, and yes, its still doing the same thing but im bout to run a pressure test and im sure i'll have to custom make my own adapter for this one as well.........and i'll pull it apart to send you a pic of the clutch assembly, which i did not check stack height......but they came assembled.

snuff "n" whisky, thanks for the tip, i had to make a custom fitting for the engine port side, which i forgot to put back in after i started it and it shot oil out that hole about 10' accross the shop......lol......

T

Troll4430

Aug 2, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would a weak or faulty shift motor be causing the slippage between gears? Put a new odd gear clutch in my P1k-3 and it still slips. Old clutch was burnt, I cleaned everything up and has good seals and rings, just as the OP has done

Reactions: Buggyman
H

HondaTech

Would a weak or faulty shift motor be causing the slippage between gears? Put a new odd gear clutch in my P1k-3 and it still slips. Old clutch was burnt, I cleaned everything up and has good seals and rings, just as the OP has done

Will it take a relearn

T

Troll4430

Aug 2, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will it take a relearn
I can get it to go into the re-learn process, but the second I start the machine it goes back to “P” and the AT/MT go away. Takes no time at all for the “-“ to disappear. Wondering if the relearn is not successful since the indicator changes the second the machine starts

H

HondaTech

I can get it to go into the re-learn process, but the second I start the machine it goes back to “P” and the AT/MT go away. Takes no time at all for the “-“ to disappear. Wondering if the relearn is not successful since the indicator changes the second the machine starts

Assuming your letting the machine warm up before attempting?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Thats what its supposed to do if it takes the relearn. The shift motor hardly spins to shift. I pulled mine off and hooked 12v to it and let it run wide open for a minute. The gears in there had some clay like grease. I replaced with a marine grease. Might want to clean the big electrical connector behind the clutch.

H

HondaTech

Thats what its supposed to do if it takes the relearn. The shift motor hardly spins to shift. I pulled mine off and hooked 12v to it and let it run wide open for a minute. The gears in there had some clay like grease. I replaced with a marine grease. Might want to clean the big electrical connector behind the clutch.

He's saying it never blinks after starting, it immediately goes to "P" unless he's explaining it differently.

T

Troll4430

Aug 2, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
He's saying it never blinks after starting, it immediately goes to "P" unless he's explaining it differently.
That’s correct, immediately goes to “P” after starting. Machine was warm, had 2 bars on the gauge. Everything went like it was supposed to just goes right to “P” after starting

T

Troll4430

Aug 2, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s correct, immediately goes to “P” after starting. Machine was warm, had 2 bars on the gauge. Everything went like it was supposed to just goes right to “P” after starting

Got it figured out. Machine has been clicking a couple times before turning over to start. I’ve suspected a weak battery for awhile now. Hooked an automotive battery to the machine via jumper cables and it spun over the first shot. Initialized the relearning process and it failed the first time, just blinked rapidly after awhile. The 2nd relearn was successful with the cables still hooked up. Gonna try a new battery and see if that helps the clicking issue. The relearn was successful

River Ridge

River Ridge

Nov 29, 2022
Navasota tx
Ownership

1. 1000-3
update: snuffnwhiskey was right........ fixed all the issues
gotter fixed........ it was 38610-HL4-003 linear solenoid valve........

even though i cleaned the old one several times, i guess the inside was still plugged up? hell i don't know, but replaced it and shifts like normal now............ smooth as butter, no more hard, tire spinning engine killing take offs, no more 4k rpm shift slippage...... runs great..........

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
We just fixed a buddies. Same thing slipping on shifts and not doing a reset. Replaced the solenoid valve and fixed.
where is this solenoid located ??? inside the motor or outside . Pic if possible . Mine likes to be lazy between shifts at times. It's not a constant thing with mine so thinking if easy enough I should try replacing mine.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
where is this solenoid located ??? inside the motor or outside . Pic if possible . Mine likes to be lazy between shifts at times. It's not a constant thing with mine so thinking if easy enough I should try replacing mine.
Its inside the outer clutch cover. Not really that hard to change.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Inside this cover.

Cover

Solenoid

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got some parts in the last couple days, and I will be tearing into mine.
@Neohio and I will be tearing into mine next week. Going to do a through cleaning and inspection.
I attempted a relearn after installing a coustom tune with my PVF. Relearn failed 20+ times.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got some parts in the last couple days, and I will be tearing into mine.
@Neohio and I will be tearing into mine next week. Going to do a through cleaning and inspection.
I attempted a relearn after installing a coustom tune with my PVF. Relearn failed 20+ times.
We are a couple smart fellas, we will figure it out!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
snuffnwhiskey was right........ fixed all the issues
Snuff’s always right! ;)
he knows a thing or 2 cuz hes seen a thing or two!

still going strong;, might go pick up another one for almost free that was in the same shape this one was..............now that ive got a lot more knowledge from u guys, i feel that i can tackle another one....
glad your up and going now!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!