P500 Replacing rear brake rotor

V

ValleyAdventureTours

Sep 25, 2018
Can
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys
I need a little help. I need to replace the rear brake rotor as it has become warped and vibrates badly when applying the brakes. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if I could get some advise on the process. I have been as far as getting the back caliper off and pads removed and would like some advise before I go any further. From what I can see I need to remove the rear axles and diff to be able to change the rotor. I'm just not sure what I am going to get into once I go to remove the diff. Are there any special tools needed or seals that should be replaced at the same time. Does the drive shaft just pull out of the diff once I have the mounting bolts removed. Any advise would be most appreciated. I have a service manual on the way but need to get this up and going asap.
Thanks

Reactions: Chooglin
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm at work and I can't really help you right this second, but do a search under my name and the 500 section, and there should be some posts talking about removing the rear diff for boot replacement on the drive shaft that will help you out.

V

ValleyAdventureTours

Sep 25, 2018
Can
Ownership

1. 500
I'm at work and I can't really help you right this second, but do a search under my name and the 500 section, and there should be some posts talking about removing the rear diff for boot replacement on the drive shaft that will help you out.
Thanks for the reply. I got her ripped apart now. Got the duff and axles out. Wasn't so bad getting it all apart. Hopefully it all goes as well putting it back together

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!