Replacing wheel studs

I

iam_canadian22

May 5, 2015
Does anybody have any tips or tricks on replacing wheel studs? The lug nuts on one of my tracks came loose, wrecked 2 of the studs.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Does anybody have any tips or tricks on replacing wheel studs? The lug nuts on one of my tracks came loose, wrecked 2 of the studs.
knock the old stud out then stick new stud in hole & put 4 or 5 flat washers on stud then the nut & tighten up until stud head is flush with the hub. Use spray lube on stud grooves to help make new grooves on hub

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
^^What he said.
Maybe find a regular nut that fits the threads so you dont mess up the lug nut. If not. use a few more washer so you dont bust through the nut cap.
Should be able to have it done in a few mins.

If you have trouble getting it out, apply some heat from a tourch.
I have also used a c-clamp along with a large socket on the head side to push it out.
Ok. Have fun.

T

twsagslrs

Mar 9, 2019
Ennice
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^^What he said.
Maybe find a regular nut that fits the threads so you dont mess up the lug nut. If not. use a few more washer so you dont bust through the nut cap.

I have also used a c-clamp along with a large socket on the head side to push it out.
Ok. Have fun.
So I have a question for you. I used a impact wrench to tighten my wheels up. Apparently it tighten them to much. When I tried to take the tire off it broke one stud and two studs and free spinning. So I stripped the stud out where the hub holds it in. Do I need a new wheel hub or can i just get some new studs and make new grooves in n the hub?

T

twsagslrs

Mar 9, 2019
Ennice
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^^What he said.

Ok. Have fun.
So I have a question for you. I used a impact wrench to tighten my wheels up. Apparently it tighten them to much. When I tried to take the tire off it broke one stud and two studs and free spinning. So I stripped the stud out where the hub holds it in. Do I need a new wheel hub or can i just get some new studs and make new grooves in n the hub?

D

DDDonkey

Sounds like you need a hub, but they are easy to replace and $75 from RMATV.

Screen

Last edited:
Reactions: twsagslrs
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
A friendly neighbour (strong like bull, stupid like streetcar) helped me install my new wheels and spacers. Unfortunately he managed to put metric nuts on SAE threads. Do not try it as it becomes an expensive mistake.:oops:
I just replaced the studs and nuts on one rear hub. Original Honda parts cost me $47.50 usd. It was an easy job and took me less than 10 minutes. I did it without help this time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!