ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just thought I'd share some cool videos.

These 2 rhinos were awesome. The blue one has a big bore. They both were climbing these hills that no one else would even try.

Hard to see how tough those hills are. Steep, lots of roots and they were angled sideways. I didn't even have the balls to try going down them.

Those rhinos are pretty good old machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
I've owned and loved Rhinos ever since buying my first one in late '03. I own or have owned many machines that were bigger or faster or supposedly better yet when it came time for trail riding I've always chosen to go back to by little Rhino. I'm not going to win any races with it but I know that it's going to get me back to my truck every time. Serious Rhino love here; I wish Yamaha had kept the line and continued to improve it (v-twin!).

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've owned and loved Rhinos ever since buying my first one in late '03. I own or have owned many machines that were bigger or faster or supposedly better yet when it came time for trail riding I've always chosen to go back to by little Rhino. I'm not going to win any races with it but I know that it's going to get me back to my truck every time. Serious Rhino love here; I wish Yamaha had kept the line and continued to improve it (v-twin!).
I've always liked them too, even though I never owned one. I've seen rhinos pulling other machines out many times. Very reliable and tough. The blue one in the video will supposed go almost 60 mph. I love how they sound with a pipe!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ever heard of the Rhino Roll!

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
I've come close many times but never rolled any Rhinos and I ride aggressively. It's hard to fault the machine when the user exceeds the design limitations of the machine and that's why Yamaha never lost a single suit to the ambulance chasers seeking an easy score. Yamaha did issue a recall and install 2" spacers all the way around that resolved the issue.

Me and my Rhino back in 2006 riding in Uwharrie, NC.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'll just plug the Honda Pioneer 500 right here.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's always hard to get video that shows the steepness of a hill. But when you have that many people standing at the bottom it must be steep

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I used a Rhino quite a bit and I agree they are good machines but I like my P500 better.....some trails up here are just too narrow for the Rhino to go through and the P500 slips right down. As to the P500's ability I climbed some really steep hills last hunting season....went up one and then watched my buddy spin out about half way up on his ATV turn sideways jump off and lay there watching as it went back down the hill end over end. The hill was really steep with mud at the bottom and large loose rocks closer to the top he hit a big rock bounced spun and that was all she wrote....lucky all it did was break some plastic and break his break lever. Lol he had put his rifle under the cage on my machine before trying the hill. I never thought I would like a UTV but I love this little beast....strapped the canoe to the top yesterday and took it to the lake never could have done that with my old Grizzly.

Reactions: Sledge and ehart814
S

Sledge

It's always hard to get video that shows the steepness of a hill. But when you have that many people standing at the bottom it must be steep
Great point. My girlfriend and I used to go to Moab every year, just to watch the guys who would try to climb anything.

There was this one wall...

I admired them, but I was glad they, and not me, were paying the bills.

A Jeep axle giving it up while trying a near-vertical rock wall sounds a lot like a rifle shot, btw. :)

Joe

Reactions: ehart814

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!