P500 climbing power

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
has anyone used the 500 in the mountains with steep grades on trails or roads? how did it do?

It is a very low geared manual transmission so you will not run out of power on a hill. You probably wont beat anyone up the hill but it will make it. Just depends on your riding style...if you want to go fast and fly around on the trails in the mountains you will prob be disappointed.

D

desertrambler

Mar 9, 2016
El Paso, TX area
It is a very low geared manual transmission so you will not run out of power on a hill. You probably wont beat anyone up the hill but it will make it. Just depends on your riding style...if you want to go fast and fly around on the trails in the mountains you will prob be disappointed.
i'm more of an "enjoy the journey" guy, don't need this one to go fast. I just want to make sure if i buy one, the journey is not not interrupted before i reach the top! thanks for the input.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Great, you're the perfect candidate for the P-5, add it to the cart today!! The hills we climb are so steep you can feel the front wheels light on the ground and trees are so close together that a PoPo cannot follow.

Reactions: webby
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
has anyone used the 500 in the mountains with steep grades on trails or roads? how did it do?
These little guys are like a tractor, slow to go but you never run out of power and going downhill you don't ever need to tap the brake when using lower gears. I think I will take it out and see if I can pull Boeing 777.

Reactions: miano248
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
These little guys are like a tractor, slow to go but you never run out of power and going downhill you don't ever need to tap the brake when using lower gears. I think I will take it out and see if I can pull Boeing 777.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Already tried that, the biggest I could pull was a 737.

Reactions: miano248
advertisement
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Already tried that, the biggest I could pull was a 737.
Thanks for the reply, now I will not try it because they wanted me to sign a waiver saying they were concerned I would damage their plane.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks for the reply, now I will not try it because they wanted me to sign a waiver saying they were concerned I would damage their plane.

Lol, you big kidder.

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Agreed. If traction was never a problem, 1st gear could climb a 90° incline. haha. But seriously.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
We did a trail at Black MT Kentucky that had me puckered the whole way up...actually never used L here in PA but used it there...no problem and it was "hairy" at times...enjoy..or have mini heart attacks like me LOL but it won't let ya down!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!