P1000 Ride Quality

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to purchase new wheels and tires and I am torn! I rode in a buddies 1000 that had 14" wheels and 28" terrabites. The ride seem rougher than mine with 12" wheels and 27" stockers. I guess my question is: Should I get 12" wheels and 28" evos or 14 wheels and 28" terrabites. I am really looking to improve my offroad grip while maintaining my ride quality. Trying to keep a lightish tire to maintain power as well. Very little rock crawling or mudding, mainly just covering ground on dirt roads and trails to get to hunting spots. I have also gone thru many members pictures and it seems about half have beadlocks. Again, I am just torn between getting them or not. Some opinions will help me pull the trigger.

My ride is 1000-5 stock with Fox shocks.

Reactions: Haldog77 and Isaiah
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12 28's here and couldn't be happier, although I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first sxs. I did a bunch of reading on this site and a lot of the group likes the 12's so I went with them and like it.

Tires

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
I need to purchase new wheels and tires and I am torn! I rode in a buddies 1000 that had 14" wheels and 28" terrabites. The ride seem rougher than mine with 12" wheels and 27" stockers. I guess my question is: Should I get 12" wheels and 28" evos or 14 wheels and 28" terrabites. I am really looking to improve my offroad grip while maintaining my ride quality. Trying to keep a lightish tire to maintain power as well. Very little rock crawling or mudding, mainly just covering ground on dirt roads and trails to get to hunting spots. I have also gone thru many members pictures and it seems about half have beadlocks. Again, I am just torn between getting them or not. Some opinions will help me pull the trigger.

My ride is 1000-5 stock with Fox shocks.

As mentioned in another thread, 14” wheels may be lighter than 12s with the same tire. Less heavy rubber involved in some brands.....
Good Luck

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those berserkers look nice, but too expensive now that they do not offer discounts. I am so torn between the 2 tires that I may just flip a quarter. My biggest concern is really trying to avoid making the ride quality any stiffer than what it is.

Reactions: Isaiah
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Did the Pioneer you rode on the 14’s and Terrabites have Fox shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12 28's here and couldn't be happier, although I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first sxs. I did a bunch of reading on this site and a lot of the group likes the 12's so I went with them and like it.

View attachment 199686

STI w/ Berserkers

Same setup as I have. I went from 14s to 12s.

Those berserkers look nice, but too expensive now that they do not offer discounts. I am so torn between the 2 tires that I may just flip a quarter. My biggest concern is really trying to avoid making the ride quality any stiffer than what it is.

When I got mine, they were NOT on sale, but I kept talking to them and finally got them discounted and shipped free.

advertisement
LIVINTALL

LIVINTALL

Jan 26, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
12"rims give you more sidewall and less chance of a pinch flat

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL!! I meant 28x10-12's. Went on nice and easy with a rear 1" spacer. Gonna run them at 14 PSI for a while and see how I like it and maybe lower it down to 10-12PSI in the future.

Reactions: Mudwing
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL!! I meant 28x10-12's. Went on nice and easy with a rear 1" spacer. Gonna run them at 14 PSI for a while and see how I like it and maybe lower it down to 10-12PSI in the future.
You probably will not like 14psi. I inadvertently had my Berserkers set at 18psi at Mulberry. It nearly beat me to death. Got them lowered to 8psi and made a world of difference.

J

JTW

14 is entirely too much in the berserker. 8-10psi is about perfect. I like 8 myself.

Reactions: Mudwing
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As usual, you guys were right. Took it for a pretty good run today. Ran 14 psi on the way in and 10 on the way out. Amazing the difference. I might go down as low as 8, but 10 felt pretty good.

J

JTW

As usual, you guys were right. Took it for a pretty good run today. Ran 14 psi on the way in and 10 on the way out. Amazing the difference. I might go down as low as 8, but 10 felt pretty good.
8 is the sweet spot for them.. you just have to keep a closer eye on them. Temperature and elevation changes will make a big difference.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!