TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone,
I usually don’t like to be tracked where I’ve been.... but, I went riding with a buddy and he had a tracker app. It was interesting to see length, route, elevation gain, etc. I believe it was onX Hunt.. I think. Most the time we don’t have service, but this app still tracked us, we just needed service to preview ride.

I also used an app back when I was mountain biking, but can’t remember the name..

Are you guys using something similar? What is it?
I’m using a iPhone 8.
Thank you.

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
Sweetroll

Sweetroll

Oct 12, 2016
Boise, ID
www.mh-solutions.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out Gaia. I have the paid subscription but I think you can do a lot with the free version too. It’ll work on that phone and like OnX once you download an app it’ll track you even out of service or in airplane mode. I’ve found it easier to use than OnX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone,
I usually don’t like to be tracked where I’ve been.... but, I went riding with a buddy and he had a tracker app. It was interesting to see length, route, elevation gain, etc. I believe it was onX Hunt.. I think. Most the time we don’t have service, but this app still tracked us, we just needed service to preview ride.

I also used an app back when I was mountain biking, but can’t remember the name..

Are you guys using something similar? What is it?
I’m using a iPhone 8.
Thank you.
I had XHunt temporarily, but was not satisfied for what I wanted. I also have the free Huntstand, and have used it to make the 'tracks'. I works real well if need to get out of UNfamiliar area.

Reactions: BWAF
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if it is on iPhone but I have used ViewRanger for several years and really like it.

Reactions: BWAF
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use Avenza, works very good but you have to download the maps for the area you ride. Ive found a lot of cool trails with mine claims, old oil field sites, and even graves in the middle of nowhere.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Topo maps+ hands down

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!