Ridgid led wiring question

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
I'd like to install a ridgid 6inch led light bar on my front bumper. It has a total draw of 1.73 amps. I'd like to tie it into the accessory socket wiring. I'm figuring since the white wire on the acc. outlet is switched, i could make both +/- conections from the light bar to the wires on the acc. outlet?? I'm trying to keep things simple. I run a battery tender and a gerbing heated vest direct from the battery. At some piont I'll install a larger battery? I turn my vest on and off as needed if I'm out for a long ride in the cold. I doubt the extra draw from the leds is a big deal? I have not had any issues with this set up to date and I dont see adding any more electrical devices in the furture.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I agree, the acc. socket should hold the small light bar just fine. If this is the only thing you plan to run then it will be fine.
Many items you plug into the acc. socket will draw more then that normally.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
I kinda thought the same thing. I'm not a big on wiring and know just enought to get into trouble! Thanks.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
I was incorrect at 1.73 amps. Its actually 3.26 amps. info at cabelas was wrong. I guess it would still be OK???

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
tiogajoe said:
I was incorrect at 1.73 amps. Its actually 3.26 amps. info at cabelas was wrong. I guess it would still be OK???
ya. thats not really that much draw.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The accy socket has a 10 amp fuse I believe... Would be 120-140 watts depending on voltage running through system.

T

tiogajoe

Aug 21, 2013
So Am I correct in connecting the positive/relay from the light bar to the white wire on the acc. outlet and the negative from the light bar to the remaining wire on the acc. outlet? I assuming the white wire on the acc. is the hot switched leg and the remaining wire is the negative?? I'm not at the location were my pioneer is kept so I'm assuming and you all know what that means......... :lol:

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
tiogajoe said:
So Am I correct in connecting the positive/relay from the light bar to the white wire on the acc. outlet and the negative from the light bar to the remaining wire on the acc. outlet? I assuming the white wire on the acc. is the hot switched leg and the remaining wire is the negative?? I'm not at the location were my pioneer is kept so I'm assuming and you all know what that means......... :lol:
Yep, should be a white/black wire, that's the positive. and a green wire, that's the negative.