P500 Riding in central pa

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Talen and 500oneer...we'll have to get a ride with these machines sometime...I just joined SSRT (though not sure when I will get there) and I ride the Ramey poker run area quite a bit (Ginter)...I'm from Philipsburg....and hardly ever see a 500 around (I have seen one other-lol)
Talen and 500oneer...we'll have to get a ride with these machines sometime...I just joined SSRT (though not sure when I will get there) and I ride the Ramey poker run area quite a bit (Ginter)...I'm from Philipsburg....and hardly ever see a 500 around (I have seen one other-lol)
Ha. I bet it was mine. I was there with Jake and saw yours. Haha. I just saw this and looked at your pic. My buddy Jake just showed me your pic on Facebook. What did you do, buy new plastic?

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Yeah...saw a blue one and figured I'd try it...only $135 or so...and now I have two sets just in case!! That was you I think..not many of us around!

A

automated11

Jan 21, 2016
Washington, Pennsylvania
I know there is a place called rock run that is about an hour closer to you than we are, but they charge $20 a day. they have like a hundred and forty miles of ATV trail
I just looked this up, and it looks great! I will definitely be taking the family there this spring. Thanks!

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I live in Philipsburg. Crazy.

Reactions: Talen and SBuckJ
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
:) I go to Ramey all the time I just bought my P500 in nov so maybe this spring. We need to get a central PA P500 Crew ride setup. Ramey , rock run, moshannon are both about 2.5 hour drive from my house. I need to move. :)

Reactions: Talen and SBuckJ
A

automated11

Jan 21, 2016
Washington, Pennsylvania
:) I go to Ramey all the time I just bought my P500 in nov so maybe this spring. We need to get a central PA P500 Crew ride setup. Ramey , rock run, moshannon are both about 2.5 hour drive from my house. I need to move. :)

If you get a central Pa ride together I'll do my best to try and make it. Im about 2.5hrs out also.

Reactions: Talen
Misfit88

Misfit88

Nov 9, 2015
Harrisburg here, we ride in Snow Shoe trail riders club. Cant beat the cost, and free camping in the parking lot. Check out Camp Sandstone for a cabin stay. They have a trail that connects to the Snow Shoe trail. Nice in the winter since we are not dragging the camper up there.

Reactions: Talen
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I want to try snow shoe especially if I can camp for free. I live just north of Carlisle near a town called Landisburg. I hate driving all that way without spending at least one night. I will try to put some dates out.

Misfit88

Misfit88

Nov 9, 2015
Yeah its pretty sweet. Cleanest trail system i have ever been on. We general do 3 nights.

Image Image

advertisement
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Awesome looks great we need to get a ride setup. How are they with riding two up on atv or if I had two kids in my p500

Misfit88

Misfit88

Nov 9, 2015
Awesome looks great we need to get a ride setup. How are they with riding two up on atv or if I had two kids in my p500
i don't think it would be a problem. it is a nice run organization. there is even a sub shop along the trail to get lunch while out. check out the site SSRT.org and campsandstone.com. we are do a cabin trip this month, should be easier than lugging the camper up there.

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I got to get prepared. I will need insurance I couldn't find details so I suppose I'll get liability. Does the reg. count a rider? I'll need to reg each of my kids. So $100 or $140 if I need to reg a rider plus whatever insurance costs. I better plan a few trips. I need to move closer too any land available in the area?

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I believe the registration is per machine. I actually just got liability insurance for my 500 through Markel ATV insurance for $50/yr...as far as riders I remember seeing 3 people on a racing quad..and I was talking to one of the officers at the time-lol nothing said. Of course that was years ago

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Moshannon, pa. Some reason the squeaky roof is amplified through gopro

My P500 roof doesn't make near that much noise, might check to see where it is rubbing to make that sound.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!