Riding in North Carolina

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Next week we are driving down to western North Carolina, Sylva to be exact. I see that wayehutta is close by so looking to hit the trails for a day or two. It's sort of a last minute plan so looking for any advice! It will be 4 of us plus dog in the 700-4, so not looking for anything real crazy....not into cruising dirt roads either.

Thanks in advance!

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t been there in a while, but it wasn’t bad, it’s basically a big loop with other trails in the center. Like any trail system you just never know.
You will need riding permits for each buggy and the dog…(JK on the dog)
As you are coming in from the town of Sylva, you will pass the collage on your left then you will pass an elementary school on your right, the left turn is past the elementary school.
You will want to keep going straight past that turn until you come to a store (about 1-2miles) on your left called Canery fork general store, that’s where you buy your permits.
I’m not sure if they have paper maps, but that trail system is on my Lifetime Trail Maps and we did the big loop in my P1K and a rancher 400.
Hope that helps, y’all have fun…
DON’T FORGET YOUR PERMITS

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
It is really more designed for Dirt Bikes & ATV's. It has been 2yrs since I have been there you will be able to ride all of the trials in 4hrs easy. I usually go tot Brown Mountain OHV park when riding in WNC just because the trials are wider and more of them.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Next week we are driving down to western North Carolina, Sylva to be exact. I see that wayehutta is close by so looking to hit the trails for a day or two. It's sort of a last minute plan so looking for any advice! It will be 4 of us plus dog in the 700-4, so not looking for anything real crazy....not into cruising dirt roads either.

Thanks in advance!
Depending on your trip details.....RRB looks to only be a little over 2bhrs from Sylva, might be worth the drive if you want to ride more then a half day from the looks of all the places in WNC....🤷‍♂️ Just a thought..

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Depending on your trip details.....RRB looks to only be a little over 2bhrs from Sylva, might be worth the drive if you want to ride more then a half day from the looks of all the places in WNC....🤷‍♂️ Just a thought..
Royal Blue is an all you can eat trail buffet. I agree with JE well worth a couple more hours drive if you have the time. Any type of trails you want are plentiful

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the input everyone,
Sounds like wayehutta will be it. Camping trip is the main trip and I'm sneaking in a day or two of riding because I can lol. The family won't be able to do more than about 4-6 hours of riding anyhow (after ~15 hour trip) so RRB, as much as I would like to venture out, will have to wait for the next trip most likely.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the input everyone,
Sounds like wayehutta will be it. Camping trip is the main trip and I'm sneaking in a day or two of riding because I can lol. The family won't be able to do more than about 4-6 hours of riding anyhow (after ~15 hour trip) so RRB, as much as I would like to venture out, will have to wait for the next trip most likely.
👍

Where you camping, if you don't mind me asking?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I remember correctly Wayhutta is geared more for quads and dirt bikes with lots of jumps. Too many really. I took my 500 there and didn’t care much for it. Brown mountain was just okay too. NC sucks for riding. I think Telico was there but it got shut down last I heard. There’s the National Forest further East near Denton, but I think Sxs’s aren’t allowed. Go to Tennessee to ride royal blue. Or, “ Go west young man” NC sucks but Massachusetts is worse for other reasons, no offense intended to you personally.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here’s a thread I did about that area from 2018 here on the forum. Including a couple of trail map photos…you’ll need to buy a $5 trail permit from some nearby store as I recall.

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
We're going to moonshine creek campground.

No offense on Massachusetts. It's sucks here. I can't legally ride the 700-4 on any trail here, luckily there's just enough private land in my area to enjoy it without loading onto a trailer.

Like I said majority of our trip will be driving around/hiking etc but I figured if I can squeeze in one day of riding I'm a happy man. Plus $5 day pass is way better than the $70-100 I pay per state up here.

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the help all, had a blast there actually. Plenty of elevation to go through kept it interesting. Found a few little creeks for the doggo and kids to play in.

For future reference the Canery Fork General store is closed, but the gas station across the street sells the day passes.

Next trip that way will include RRB for sure!

20230419 134412
20230419 124922

Mbradley42

Mbradley42

Aug 22, 2020
Waynesville NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sorry I just saw this wayehutta is fun I go there often since it's only 25 minutes from my house next time your up this way try trout creek campground in tuckaseegee NC they have a nice campground and they have sxs and atv trails on the mountain behind the campground it's a good time too it's close in size to wayehutta but you can camp and ride when you want while your there

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!