lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500

Next trip to Coalmont he's going to be ready to drive Traveler.
Shoot, he's already at @JTW level!
Upload 2019 7 17 11 47 21

It's all fun and games to get them going on off road toys.
Trying to convince the wife that you are building a family tradition for the generations.
Next thing you know it's not your turn to drive. Ever.

S

Smalltownbulldog

Jun 9, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks like fun. Can you enjoy these type places with a stock 700-4 or do you need aftermarket suspension, tires, etc?

Reactions: BWAF
S

Smalltownbulldog

Jun 9, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
“Need” is such a subjective word.... are you wanting a new talon or PK5? Our answers can reflect such.
Absolutely not, just got the 700 a few months ago. It’s just that mainly I use it for helping me work on my land and easy family riding through the pasture, so not really interested in spending a lot of time or money on upgrades. But also live just 20 minutes from stony lonesome, and don’t want to be missing out on the fun when I could be having it. Pretty novice rider, so wouldn’t tackle anything crazy

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
J

JTW

Absolutely not, just got the 700 a few months ago. It’s just that mainly I use it for helping me work on my land and easy family riding through the pasture, so not really interested in spending a lot of time or money on upgrades. But also live just 20 minutes from stony lonesome, and don’t want to be missing out on the fun when I could be having it. Pretty novice rider, so wouldn’t tackle anything crazy
You’d be fine for 90% of it from what I’ve seen and heard.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4

I live close to Stoney too, I have a 700/4 deluxe that I ride, I have added can am shocks a bumper and wench , changed tires cause the stock ones will puncture quickly . I ride some will say aggressively :) besides a few Axles . The 700 will do most of Stoneys trails .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks like fun. Can you enjoy these type places with a stock 700-4 or do you need aftermarket suspension, tires, etc?

Keep a watch on this regional section and join us one day. You’ll be totally fine at the ridge. It’s super easy with only some challenging areas you have to search for.

Stony like mentioned above is best to go with some guys because some trails get rough fast and it’s best to be with someone that knows the area. But a stock machine could ride all day at stony.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

One other thing, it’s addictive so you when you go home after the ride and seeing/talking with other owners about their rigs you be on Amazon adding a few upgrades. That’s not a thing though. A skid plate and winch is like insurance and bigger tires are added comfort. None of those have a negative affect on chores around the farm.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You'll be fine with a stock machine but the other guys are right you will want to make changes as your confidence grows.
Look at my build thread for my 700 then look at the build thread for my 1000 for evidence of that.
I bought the 700 to help me clear my property and work around the homestead and it did it very well.
My 700 was bought for 80% work/20% Play, my needs/wants changed and inverted that ratio and the 1000 suits that use much better.
A Talon could do the work I use the Pioneer for around here, I have access to a tractor for tractor work.

IF you ride and realize that the 700 is great but it struggles a bit where the 1000 breezes right through, before you put a lot of money into the 700 I would consider the 1000 or maybe a lot less likely even the talon depending on what you're doing around the homestead.
The Pioneers are very capable "farm rigs" as joey likes to point out, modifications can make them far more capable. Modifications are just a sign of the addiction.

I MIGHT go ride Stony Friday if the locals want to join??? @Cyberjunk @joeymt33 @snuffnwhisky ???
My schedule Friday cleared out a few mins ago.

@Smalltownbulldog I have maps for Stony in several different formats that we have created, has all of the trails as of February.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You'll be fine with a stock machine but the other guys are right you will want to make changes as your confidence grows.
Look at my build thread for my 700 then look at the build thread for my 1000 for evidence of that.
I bought the 700 to help me clear my property and work around the homestead and it did it very well.
My 700 was bought for 80% work/20% Play, my needs/wants changed and inverted that ratio and the 1000 suits that use much better.
A Talon could do the work I use the Pioneer for around here, I have access to a tractor for tractor work.

IF you ride and realize that the 700 is great but it struggles a bit where the 1000 breezes right through, before you put a lot of money into the 700 I would consider the 1000 or maybe a lot less likely even the talon depending on what you're doing around the homestead.
The Pioneers are very capable "farm rigs" as joey likes to point out, modifications can make them far more capable. Modifications are just a sign of the addiction.

I MIGHT go ride Stony Friday if the locals want to join??? @Cyberjunk @joeymt33 @snuffnwhisky ???
My schedule Friday cleared out a few mins ago.

@Smalltownbulldog I have maps for Stony in several different formats that we have created, has all of the trails as of February.
Could you send me those map files?

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!