Road Test : 2014 Honda Pioneer - Driving.ca

admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
....... I had little context to fall back on when Honda invited me to take a little toodle on its new-for-2014 Pioneer. Work-a-day ATVs are hardly my cup o’ tea; I could only imagine a larger, slower version would be like watching paint dry. That the mercury just so happened to register about minus five the day I was to go Pioneering just lowered my expectations that much more. Give me the fully-covered version (Pioneers, both the two-seater and four-seater options offer a quasi cabin with hard plastic sides and a glass windshield) with heater and I’ll give you 30 minutes of my time; staying cozy looked like it would be the highlight of the test.

And then knobby rubber hit snowy field and all manner of sliding-sideways, OMG-I-just-did-a-360-and-I’m-still-pointed-in-the-same-direction-at-full-speed hilarity ensued. Every slippery, ice-filled corner was chance to get seriously crossed-up; every sharp turn was an opportunity to perfect my rally-driving, swing-one-way-then-flip-it-sideways-the-other skills. Much merriment ensued, my cackling like a madman often drowning out the Pioneer’s subdued exhaust.

Read More Here

Source
Driving.ca - By David Booth
Originally published: 4 hours ago

Attachments

• 2014-honda-pioneer-5.jpg
    2014-honda-pioneer-5.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 1,657
  • 2014-honda-pioneer-3.jpg
    2014-honda-pioneer-3.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 2014-honda-pioneer-33.jpg
    2014-honda-pioneer-33.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 1,623
F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Fairly good read.
Why does Honda ask people how have never driven a SxS to "test" it. They want really know.
but at least its a good review.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!