Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lol, it was a serious question. Was wondering if getting it tight and getting the crimp on the washer was easier on a lift since my buddy has one.

Ooops. Haha

I don’t know because I’ve never punched the washer/lock ring thingy.

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Have you ever tripped the 300A breaker on a pull with your winch? I'm going to add a breaker to mine and grabbed a 200A based off the draw from the pull layers for my cheapo HF 5000. I'm rarely if ever on the last wrap and 298 was the highest draw on a full 5k pull from last layer.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you ever tripped the 300A breaker on a pull with your winch? I'm going to add a breaker to mine and grabbed a 200A based off the draw from the pull layers for my cheapo HF 5000. I'm rarely if ever on the last wrap and 298 was the highest draw on a full 5k pull from last layer.

yes double-lined on first layer, I have 2GA wire and it’ll pull over 300a especially when the voltage drops after you’ve been pulling on it. The draw chart is at full battery voltage.

Reactions: BWAF and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Gotcha, think a 350A breaker would be a better choice?

Reactions: Neohio
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha, think a 350A breaker would be a better choice?

Going to find out.
I now have a very accurate 500amp ammeter.

3DEB3DBA 2764 420A 9BD5 0516D88AEE70
C6425DE3 D314 4180 9613 86BFDD26097B

D30E79AD EEE0 427C 8F3C 65FBCB2A86D3

I have been wanting to do a Switchpro 12 for a while now but two things have stopped me they aren’t available and I wasn’t going to pay $1000 for one even if they were.

I also picked up the high beam trigger and the key on power harness from the forum store, so all my connections were soldered and heatshrunk except the one to the running lights to dim the Switchpro.
The high beam trigger turns my lightbar on/off when I turn the high beams on/off.

I picked up a Switchpro 8 from a member selling his and have been wanting to rewire my machine to fine tune some of the way it works and get rid of 15lbs of copper spaghetti. Picked up a BlueSea Multimeter (PN 1834) with a shunt to measure amp draw. I wanted it because I wanted to remove the True Battery Iso as it would be redundant with the BlueSea multimeter and the white Rodgers solenoid. I had the Solenoid on a switch that would bypass the iso if I was winching or trigger it on all the time but I had to remember to use it or it was useless. The multimeter will trigger the solenoid in an adjustable manner off voltage like a battery iso, BUT it will also trigger it off amp draw so when I start winching and the amp draw spikes it is ON instead of cutting the connection to the charging system like an iso would.

01E66E8B E7CB 4CBA 9CD1 631044A2768D

I don’t have a photo of the latest setup of the switch panel before I reconfigured it showing the 2 additional switches. The winch switches moved to the left side of the steering wheel where the horn and turn signal switches were

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T
Going to find out.
I now have a very accurate 500amp ammeter.

View attachment 191711
View attachment 191706

View attachment 191708

I have been wanting to do a Switchpro 12 for a while now but two things have stopped me they aren’t available and I wasn’t going to pay $1000 for one even if they were.

I also picked up the high beam trigger and the key on power harness from the forum store, so all my connections were soldered and heatshrunk except the one to the running lights to dim the Switchpro.
The high beam trigger turns my lightbar on/off when I turn the high beams on/off.

I picked up a Switchpro 8 from a member selling his and have been wanting to rewire my machine to fine tune some of the way it works and get rid of 15lbs of copper spaghetti. Picked up a BlueSea Multimeter (PN 1834) with a shunt to measure amp draw. I wanted it because I wanted to remove the True Battery Iso as it would be redundant with the BlueSea multimeter and the white Rodgers solenoid. I had the Solenoid on a switch that would bypass the iso if I was winching or trigger it on all the time but I had to remember to use it or it was useless. The multimeter will trigger the solenoid in an adjustable manner off voltage like a battery iso, BUT it will also trigger it off amp draw so when I start winching and the amp draw spikes it is ON instead of cutting the connection to the charging system like an iso would.

View attachment 191707

I don’t have a photo of the latest setup of the switch panel before I reconfigured it showing the 2 additional switches. The winch switches moved to the left side of the steering wheel where the horn and turn signal switches were
Making me cringe with all of those wires laying around. 😂

Reactions: JenElio and BWAF
Bohnt10

Bohnt10

RoostBoost Equipped...
Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2017
NW Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Holy s&%*, really impressive! If there’s a version 5, I’d buy it :)

Thanks, work has been very very busy for me and I haven't had time to type up and post more pictures yet. We were doing some suspension "testing" this weekend and took a few pictures, after 9months of it sitting it was just fun to be out riding it again even if its not quite ready for the trails.

Its not a kit its the brainchild of @snuffnwhisky, he deserves ALL the credit for the design of the a-arms and front shock setup, and about 98% of the credit for the rear shock setup. Ill take 1% and joey deserves the other 1%. I think he was worried @joeymt33 and I would not be able to keep up with him, felt sorry for us, and wanted us as guinea pigs for his V5. Its not bolt at all on its a lot of welding and modifying the existing machine. I had to invest in a few tools and in cases buy some better tools, to be able to make the a lot of the parts I needed. Parts are sourced from MANY different sources, some of which had to be modified after we sourced them. The front a-arms mounts have far more metal associated with them vs factory because of this the the factory were COMPLETLY removed and new mounts carefully welded in their place considering the thin HS Steel frame. The rear upper a-arms mount in different locations to make the geometry better for the longer travel. The rear shock mounts are different between Joeys and mine he took a different approach that required different mounts than I had made. Either way we could not use the factory locations or shocks. Its been a lot of trial and error on the rear since snuff removed his bed and doors and put a flatbed on that would allow him to use the rear shocks off his YXZ. There is still some trail and error left and because joey and I went different routes on the rear mounts even though were are using the same shocks the spring rates and compression and rebound rates are going to be different. All he knows is his spring rates are going to be higher than mine but less than what he currently has.

For Joey and I it will be nice to have a longer travel machine that crosses rougher terrain better when its just the guys out riding due to the travel and the shorter length, and then when the family is with us we can still fit 5 and the ride is much better and stable. All the while still be using it around the homestead for work. The X4 doesn't really do that since its so dang long, doesn't have turf mode, and isn't really set up to work out of. Also the cost different was drastic to go to a Talon for me considering. It was a compromise for our needs. I don't think the vast majority of people would be bale to justify a "need" for what we ended up with. The 1000-5 is a VERY capable machine even riding terrain far outside of Hondas design parameters. However that said our group tends to go a little farther than even that on occasion, and the ride @snuffnwhiskey machine offered was too amazing to pass up. I just hope it won't take the "fun" out of challenging terrain by making it so much easier.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now THAT is a problem I will NEVER have ........ lol. If it ever gets too boring for you, I will let you swap out even for mine!

If you ride with us you can take it for a spin, but I warn you I drove @snuffnwhisky machine and it left me wanting to steal White Lightning.

Ride improvement without the shocks fully tuned is like going from a 500 to a 1000 with the aftermarket shocks. Its still not comparable to a sport machine, I'm not going to compare it that way, but I believe the ride at slower speeds is better than a Talon, but different design parameters. It would be like saying a flexi rock crawling CJ7 is comparable to a trophy truck because they have the same amount of travel and maybe even HP. I wouldn't try to run it around a track or through rough terrain at high speed like a sport machine although I have taken White Lightning for a spin around a track. Arms are WAY to beefy for that, too much weight. I think the frame would be damaged before the arms would. Snuff did an amazing job with the design and setup considering he was working with a "farm rig". Yes I am coddling his ego partly because he deserves it mostly because I still need his help.