ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
681B6A12 DF15 4DE6 A1FF D45AC49054CD
I think I’ve got it figured out if I put this supercharger on it....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
UPS was good to me this weekend.

HMF & WetSounds (Surge 6, WW-BTRS (Bluetooth Rocket and AS-8 sub) showed up.

367176F2 F50D 485F 8988 194736E2E632
891CF7D1 D5A7 4D91 8604 B2352DA8F130

Used the Tractor Supply clamps to mount it behind the middle bar. I’m going to have to cut and sew the fabric mid panel around the clamps.

All the Chinese Lights and Chinese electronics put a whine in the sound bar audio, depending on which one is on the noise varies. Gonna have to get a filter or or ten to cut the noise out.

The Surge does not have an independent volume control so it’s much louder than the sub even with the gain turned all the way up on the sub, but if I have the sub only connected to the rocker switch, I can turn the gain halfway down with the remote sub volume about half way. Half gain and half volume it’s ROCKING and amazingly no distortion. I can turn the remote volume all the way up and hear my tool kit rattling and still no distortion. I’m going to have to get an in-line volume control to lower the signal to the bar so I can balance the sub and sound bar better. I went with the Surge because I liked the idea of the rocker and being able to mount the bar behind me and not have to be able to reach it to turn it on. I’m realizing the trade off of that, since the rocker is a basic Bluetooth controller with no frills. Not a super huge deal but I might have gone with the Ultra had I put more thought into it. The sub is supposedly IP-67 which is dust tight/water jets and 1Meter of submersion so I’m hoping for no problems, their brand name is WET Sounds so they better live up to the hype.

Here’s a chart for a TRUE IP Rating I know a lot of these Chinese knock offs say IP-67 but I wouldn’t trust them. IP Rating Chart | DSMT.com

HMF Titan Quite Blackout was EASY, especially since I had the rear plastics off to clean the engine area and leave easy access for the dealer to install my clutch update Friday. Make sure you use a good penetrating oil on the factory muffler bolts they were STUCK. It is noticeably louder at idle but it sounds good and it’s not too loud, I really like the factory exhaust for how quite it is. It’s pouring down rain and the machine is clean for the service Friday so no shakedown run I’ll hopefully do that Saturday. For those who are wondering with the SATV A-arms and FOX shocks, it easily clears the shocks. I am hoping since there’s no CAT under the rear seats it will be a bit cooler on the right rear side, but it’s too cold right now to get a good temp comparison.

With the HMF installed, I was able to get the rear winch mounted up and electrics tested out. Clearance is a little close to the spool. I had to bend the factory muffler hangers up a good bit to clear the winch, so I may try to bend them up another inch for my comfort.

11FE4C3C 1A64 4CD5 B3E1 D9A9CDF28C5C

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 61444
View attachment 61446

Used the Tractor Supply clamps to mount it behind the middle bar. I’m going to have to cut and sew the fabric mid panel around the clamps.

All the Chinese Lights and Chinese electronics put a whine in the sound bar audio, depending on which one is on the noise varies. Gonna have to get a filter or or ten to cut the noise out.

The Surge does not have an independent volume control so it’s much louder than the sub even with the gain turned all the way up on the sub, but if I have the sub only connected to the rocker switch, I can turn the gain halfway down with the remote sub volume about half way. Half gain and half volume it’s ROCKING and amazingly no distortion. I can turn the remote volume all the way up and hear my tool kit rattling and still no distortion. I’m going to have to get an in-line volume control to lower the signal to the bar so I can balance the sub and sound bar better. I went with the Surge because I liked the idea of the rocker and being able to mount the bar behind me and not have to be able to reach it to turn it on. I’m realizing the trade off of that, since the rocker is a basic Bluetooth controller with no frills. Not a super huge deal but I might have gone with the Ultra had I put more thought into it. The sub is supposedly IP-67 which is dust tight/water jets and 1Meter of submersion so I’m hoping for no problems, their brand name is WET Sounds so they better live up to the hype.

Here’s a chart for a TRUE IP Rating I know a lot of these Chinese knock offs say IP-67 but I wouldn’t trust them. IP Rating Chart | DSMT.com

HMF Titan Quite Blackout was EASY, especially since I had the rear plastics off to clean the engine area and leave easy access for the dealer to install my clutch update Friday. Make sure you use a good penetrating oil on the factory muffler bolts they were STUCK. It is noticeably louder at idle but it sounds good and it’s not too loud, I really like the factory exhaust for how quite it is. It’s pouring down rain and the machine is clean for the service Friday so no shakedown run I’ll hopefully do that Saturday. For those who are wondering with the SATV A-arms and FOX shocks, it easily clears the shocks. I am hoping since there’s no CAT under the rear seats it will be a bit cooler on the right rear side, but it’s too cold right now to get a good temp comparison.

With the HMF installed, I was able to get the rear winch mounted up and electrics tested out. Clearance is a little close to the spool. I had to bend the factory muffler hangers up a good bit to clear the winch, so I may try to bend them up another inch for my comfort.

View attachment 61443
Nice - wet sounds sub is in my future for sure - do wish I could get it under drivers seat as my middle seat is sometimes occupied. Hearing @Koda ‘s while on the Overland I was impressed with the quality sound out of his system.

Reactions: nbomar
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice - wet sounds sub is in my future for sure - do wish I could get it under drivers seat as my middle seat is sometimes occupied. Hearing @Koda ‘s while on the Overland I was impressed with the quality sound out of his system.

I was behind @joeymt33 a few times on the Overland and was able to listen to his if he didn’t get too far ahead it is incredibly clear and loud for what it is.

I had put off getting tunes but I’ve been riding solo the last few times we’ve been in a group and got bored so decided tunes were on the menu.

If you take the side plastic off and don’t have a battery under there the 6” or 8” sub will likely fit, the 10” is much larger I doubt it will fit. (I see JTW taking this off track)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was behind @joeymt33 a few times on the Overland and was able to listen to his if he didn’t get too far ahead it is incredibly clear and loud for what it is.

I had put off getting tunes but I’ve been riding solo the last few times we’ve been in a group and got bored so decided tunes were on the menu.

If you take the side plastic off and don’t have a battery under there the 6” or 8” sub will likely fit, the 10” is much larger I doubt it will fit. (I see JTW taking this off track)
I have a cheap 8” sub up under there now it went out just prior to Overland and I replaced it saying that if this one went out I was going wet sounds - I think it may start messing up. Actually Overland is where I really enjoyed having my tunes and knew I was going to upgrade. Maybe by Takeover I’ll decide to do it.

Reactions: Koda and ohanacreek
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

View attachment 61444
View attachment 61446

View attachment 61443

That HMF Blackout looks awesome!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I had some meetings get scheduled for Friday and had to reschedule my trip to the dealer till next week.

Since I’m waiting on filters to show up for the sound bar, the spanner to show up for the shocks, and the wheels AND tires to get here I rode around for a bit when I got home, the Quiet HMF is def louder than factory, but it’s a bearable increase. Sounds really good when you push on the go pedal.

Amazingly with only @5/8” clearance the winch doesn’t even get warm it’s cool to the touch it’s 70F outside right now. I ran it fairly easy for the most part but the muffler was hot enough to get the Blackout Ceramic coating smoking (instructions say it will smoke for about the first hour of runtime).

May gap it to about an inch just for s***s and giggles.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This cheap Chinese Noise Filter got rid of the noise from all the cheap Chinese electronics that I was hearing in the sound bar.

This cheap Chinese Volume Control let me balance the bar and the sub better.

Wet Sounds is some of the clearest sounding audio equipment I’ve ever owned, I’m very impressed. It is loud and clear at 50mph over the HMF and all the engine noise(my few neighbors probably didn’t think it was so great but it was just a quick test).

Reactions: joeymt33
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Black Waters? Is this your first set of Black Waters? I have a set of them 14 X 10 X 30, side walls are very stiff! Started out with 10 PSI, dropped to 8 and now down to 6 PSI, I hope they will grip the rocks now. First trip out at 8 PSI, wasn't impressed with tire in the rocks, throws mud like hades though. My stock sized EFX Moto Hammers griped the rocks better. We will see if the 6 PSI helps. Anyone else have experience with the Black Waters? I know @my99svt had a set of them.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Black Waters? Is this your first set of Black Waters? I have a set of them 14 X 10 X 30, side walls are very stiff! Started out with 10 PSI, dropped to 8 and now down to 6 PSI, I hope they will grip the rocks now. First trip out at 8 PSI, wasn't impressed with tire in the rocks, throws mud like hades though. My stock sized EFX Moto Hammers griped the rocks better. We will see if the 6 PSI helps. Anyone else have experience with the Black Waters? I know @my99svt had a set of them.

And now he has roctanes.... nuff said. Right @joeymt33 @Windrock1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only 3 more hours till youre done then lol
Thats a good lookin setup.

F1025205 CF23 4473 9A6B A71D246AC800

I took a break to put the kid to bed.
She’s sitting on 28.75’s, which is 3” taller tire than the 25.5” tires that came on it from the factory. That’s factory BigHorn 2.0s at 15psi and Blackwaters at 8psi.

I had them on my 700 out of the 4 different tires I had on it the Blackwaters were my favorite jack of all trades. They are a true 8Ply vs the 4ply /6ply rated BigHorns so I worry less about punching holes in them like I did my BogHorns.

The Dual Beadlock and tire weigh about 15lbs more per corner vs the factory combo.

FFCE1196 97F9 4E0D 963B 33C8C937C67F

And now he has roctanes.... nuff said. Right @joeymt33 @Windrock1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I considered “true 30’s” but decided I was going everywhere the guys with true 30’s were with my almost 26” tires and squaty stance. With 3” taller tires and the Fox Shocks putting the right height back at factory(with factory tires) I’m plenty tall. Not adding a lift or Roctanes, although I think they are by far the toughest tire out there.