P1000 Rocker switch help

Scout19

Scout19

May 31, 2020
Princeton
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm trying to wire a stereo into my pioneer. I want to use a 5 pin rocker switch I bought. I already have the fuse panel connected to my stinger that gets power from my key on power harness. My question is, when I wire the rocker switch, do I even need to run a wire to the lower right LED pin since it already has the key on power from the stinger? Or do I just connect that pin to the power pin thats getting power from the fuse block?

W

WVPioneer1000

Jun 15, 2020
Eastern Panhandle WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You will need to run the ignition power to the LED terminal only if you want the LED to light up with ignition key on. If you do not want to light up the LED then no you do not need to power that terminal up.

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm trying to wire a stereo into my pioneer. I want to use a 5 pin rocker switch I bought. I already have the fuse panel connected to my stinger that gets power from my key on power harness. My question is, when I wire the rocker switch, do I even need to run a wire to the lower right LED pin since it already has the key on power from the stinger? Or do I just connect that pin to the power pin thats getting power from the fuse block?

If i understand your question correctly you are asking if you need to run a separate key on power source to the lower LED, right?

The answer is no you really don't. If your stinger/fuse block is already activated by key on power then you can jump to the lower light pin from the pin that gets power from the fuse block. This also adds an extra function for the lower light. When it is wired like this the lower light will not work when that specific fuse is blown (and the key is on, with the key off the light is also off). So now you have a fuse indicator light.

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!