Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Who makes the best rocker switch? I mean in terms of quality. Many Ive tried either stop working or the LEDs go out all in a short period of time. I’m not wanting to change the type I have unless there is something better that goes in there place? Because I have cut outs all over my dash for these. Here is the pic I currently have. If you can supply a link with what you know as a better quality product I’d appreciate that as well.
50823150 3136 4098 BA6D 7F5EDDE0E5DB

Reactions: EKYGirlP1K
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I agree with @Russ989
use a quality Carling Technologies switch. They are what everyone copies! many different designs of toggles to fit the switch body. www.OTRATTW.com will have the best selection.
Wow! Those do look BA!
sorry @Russ989 I posted too quick there.
so these should fit right in the same cut outs as the ones I’m using ? The fronts look different just wasn’t sure from the back side?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I’m assuming there the same type as these? And where are u getting them from?
Amazon and Ebay specials are copies that use a circut board inside. Any moisture will ruin them even tho they claim to be "sealed" neither Carling or the others are 100% waterproof but carling is less affected by it.

True Carling switches like from OTRATTW are better because they are direct wired LED's and contacts. I'll try to get some pictures next time I have one apart. With this, Moisture does not affect them as much.

Remember OTRATTW like this!
"Over The River And Through The Woods"
Lol.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Wow! Those do look BA!
sorry @Russ989 I posted too quick there.
so these should fit right in the same cut outs as the ones I’m using ? The fronts look different just wasn’t sure from the back side?
As long as you're using a switch like the one in your pics, you're good to go. I just replaced all of my Dorman rockers with custom ones from OTRATTW. I've had really good luck with the Dorman Carling-style switches they sell at O'reilly (and other auto parts stores I'm sure) as far as reliability goes. They are just as much as the OTRATTW switches though. The cheap Amazon switches have come apart and just gave up the ghost.

***Edit - Just realized you were asking about the switches, not just replacing rockers. I'd go with the OTRATTW. I used these Dorman switches because I'm impatient and it was all I had available locally.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you gentleman. I’m gona start replacing my Carling Amazon switches with the ones from Over The River And Threw The woods 😂🤣😂 switches. @Hondasxs you should have never told me that! I’ll keep saying it and singing it now every time I talk about them hahaha

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
While we're at it :) , any of you guys know of a way to change l.e.d colors inside these switches? Or do I have to buy new ones? I've never had one apart to know. Thanks

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well I just bought the OTRATTW switches to replace the 10 I have. Boy they add up fast! :oops: But that’s ok, if there as good as you all say it will be worth it.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Buy once cry once
I’m always about buy once cry once lol. When I bought the stainless western V plow for my truck, my wife said “get what you want cuz were not going to buy it again cuz your un happy a few years from now!” It’s a good motto to live buy if you think about it;)

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Carling switches were perfected for the boating/marine world a long time ago. Made to get rained on, hosed off, salt water exposure, pounded in heavy seas, etc. That proven durability is helpful on our sxs's.

With that said i recently went with Switch Pro for my switches. Eliminates need for relays and fuses and by the time you price it out you're not all that far from a conventional set-up, with way less wiring and under hood clutter. Only rocker I have is for my winch.

But the Carling switch panel on my boat is over 15 years old with no trouble. Genuine Carling switches are the gold standard.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!