P1000m5 Rocker Switches

Which color?

• Total voters
smoothie25

smoothie25

Jan 17, 2021
Illinois
I'm getting ready to start my project of adding all the goodies to my 1000-5. I've scoured these forums and learned a lot of good info but wanted to set up a poll on which color rocker switches everyone prefers. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on why they chose the color they did (pics are even better!). I'm leaning towards the blue switches but heard they are really bright... I plan to order my switches from otrattw.net.

I also wanted to get everyone's input on my setup below. Does this look right?

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine is mainly used for hunting and in my experience your night vision is less impaired by red light. All my switches except one are red and I will eventually swap out the one blue switch for a red. Plus my machine is red and I like that they match. My voltmeter meter lights up blue so I’d like to change that as well. The one blue switch is easy to find in a panel full of red so I can see where a multi color setup could be useful. Its really all just personal preference.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Its all up to you how you arrange them bro, were all different and there aint no wrong way.
I go blue for off and red for on Cuz its BA!

This is your first post since Christ was a foot soldier and your already doing a pole and no pics of the machine in question 🤨

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its all up to you how you arrange them bro, were all different and there aint no wrong way.
I go blue for off and red for on Cuz its BA!

This is your first post since Christ was a foot soldier and your already doing a pole and no pics of the machine in question 🤨

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
744CA3F7 5236 47FA B8AD D9F38C5DDB43

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm getting ready to start my project of adding all the goodies to my 1000-5. I've scoured these forums and learned a lot of good info but wanted to set up a poll on which color rocker switches everyone prefers. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on why they chose the color they did (pics are even better!). I'm leaning towards the blue switches but heard they are really bright... I plan to order my switches from otrattw.net.

I also wanted to get everyone's input on my setup below. Does this look right?

View attachment 290531

Using a SPST switch for the horn? That would require two operations per honk! Somewhat clumsy? I suggest a momentary button on the dash near the steering wheel. On the 1000, a location might be to the right of the cup holder - remove the cup holder for easy switch install and access. This saves the rocker switch position for a later addition.

Is the Aux/Bat selector switch for choosing which battery to use for accessories, or starting?? You might consider using the main battery solely for starting and machine ops, and use aux battery for all accessories including winch. In the rare event you need to jump the main battery for starting, you could carry as short jumper lead or carry a small lithium powered jump starter.

smoothie25

smoothie25

Jan 17, 2021
Illinois
haha fair enough! I don't really have any good pics of the SxS itself but I do take pics of my dogs quite a bit lol Bottom pic was the day we bought it, before I got the roof and windshield bolted on.

@Hillbillytnt My rig will be used for hunting as well so blazing bright switches are of concern.

@bumperm I may have misspoken but I was just referring to the switch that's on otrattw's site for the horn. This is the horn switch I was referring to: High quality OTRATTW Contura V laser-etched lower independent LED rocker switches

I'd like to rig it up just like you mentioned. Main battery for starting/machine ops and the aux battery for all accessories. I think this guy is a member here but this YouTube video is exactly how I want to rig mine up.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Red does NOT impair your night vision as much as blue/white/yellow does...that is why you see that more often on boats also.

That being said, I dont think the lights are bright enough to make a huge difference. I personally prefer the RED but am still looking for which rocker switch panel to buy...I keep looking at the nilights.....

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
advertisement
bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Red does NOT impair your night vision as much as blue/white/yellow does...that is why you see that more often on boats also.

That being said, I dont think the lights are bright enough to make a huge difference. I personally prefer the RED but am still looking for which rocker switch panel to buy...I keep looking at the nilights.....
if you need a rocker switch panel, contact @mystic1219 . he makes custom ones, I got mine from him and love it!

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the amber lit XTC rockers because in my previous experiences, the blue lights were too bright for my liking and my eyes don’t pick up red very well at night. Couldn’t be happier with the decision.

4cbdc679268ddf00a6b2c4a7509e5167

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!