P500 RODNUT'S RIDE

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
Purchased in August of this year, it has been fun building this little honda into a very versatile unit. Of corse i've added a roof, rear dust curtain, and additional storage. But it doesn't stop there, i just keep on adding stuff.
Next a winch, radiator guard, 26in maxxas lite radials, 46in tractor supply aluminum box, aluminum deck plate on the rear rack, honda front storage bin and lower windshield, homemade upper windshield, power steering, rearview mirrors, seats from Standard Suspension Seats with Beard 4 point seat harnesses, and by the way it's street legal for here in Utah.
It also has a holster for a pistol on the inside and bags for storage.
IMG 0125
IMG 0124
IMG 0120
IMG 0117

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Nice clean installations!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Nice clean installations!
you just reminded me , need to change my seats bad!!
My one complaint is comfort on this ride. It aint got none!
is this the seat mod that another member here has done?

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@RODNUT Nice looking setup! I like the seat mod just like I did to y P500, after 200 miles in the mountains with it I wish I could squeeze a few more inches of legroom between me and the gas pedal other than that, the suspension seats are the way to go! All your other mods looking very clean too.

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
Thank you for your for your replys. The seat mod and the power steering made all the difference in comfort for this unit. I am 6ft and was a little worried about leg room when I ordered the seats, but with a little trimming and modifying the honda plastic seat pans, I was able to create enough room. seats aer very comfortable and the suspension design absorbes the bumps.
I used a 4in stainless removable pin hinge at the front of the seat so the seats can be tilted forward for access under the seat. The seat can be easily removed by tapping out the hinge pin.

Last edited:
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The seat mod and the power steering made all the difference in comfort for this unit. I am 6ft and was a little worried about leg room when I ordered the seats, but with a little trimming and modifying the honda plastic seat pans, I was able to create enough room. seats aer very comfortable and the suspension design absorbes the bumps.
I used a 4in stainless removable pin hinge at the front of the seat so the seats can be tilted forward for access under the seat. The seat can be easily removed by tapping out the hinge pin.

could you post a picture? Sorry, but seats are a must for me . as is the 4 point harness

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
could you post a picture? Sorry, but seats are a must for me . as is the 4 point harness
Pitctures of the seat modifications and seat pan mods. Also the right side loop bar needs to be moved out about an inch or so. Remove the bolt on the loop lower bracket and use a 2x4 to force the loop out and drill a hole in the bracket for reattachment.
IMG 0613
IMG 0614
IMG 0611
IMG 0609
IMG 0610
IMG 0615

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sxsinks and solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for your for your replys. The seat mod and the power steering made all the difference in comfort for this unit. I am 6ft and was a little worried about leg room when I ordered the seats, but with a little trimming and modifying the honda plastic seat pans, I was able to create enough room. seats aer very comfortable and the suspension design absorbes the bumps.

Please post detail pics and instructions for your seats. I want them too :). Thank you!

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Very Nice....

M

MartinE

Nov 2, 2015
Looks great!
Can you post a pic of how you mounted the shoulder harnesses? I'm wanting to add harnesses to my 500 but wasn't sure of the best way to mount the shoulder harnesses.

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
I drilled a 7/16 in. hole through the approximate center of the headrest plate,( headrest is removed as it is no longer needed) then bolted both seat harnesses with a spacer to the plate. I used a #8 hard 7/16in. bolt to attach the harnesses.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Would you say you sit higher or lower or the same ?

RODNUT

RODNUT

May 16, 2015
Im guessing, as i didn't measure before and after, probably about 1.5 in. higher, much more comfort.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!