Roll bar padding

Z

zack2309

Aug 8, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone put any kind of padding on their roll bars, back of the headrest, etc?
I am wanting to add some cushion so the kids/passengers have a little more protection

Reactions: JenElio
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I personally haven't. Id say try a noodle foam pad and zip tie it to the bar. Or some foam armorflex like we put on AC lines. Youll have to slice it down the middle so it will slide over your ROPS then zip tie it to stay in place. If this helps you, ive never had anyone hit there head there. Even hitting a rut hard.

Its your first post and no pics yet! You know what that means???
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
First cardinal rule! ;)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I am wanting to add some cushion so the kids/passengers have a little more protection
Leatherhelmet

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Has anyone put any kind of padding on their roll bars, back of the headrest, etc?
I wouldn't worry about under the headrests. I added a pool noodle cut down the middle and then wrapped in electrical tape to the shoulder retention bars. This is a blue noodle that I wrapped the s*** out of. It gets hosed off, wet, and muddy all the time and it's been on there over a year now. I did both sides like this:

If you plan on having smaller kids ride in the back seats it might be worth adding it to the shoulder bars back there as well. Those are really the only ones you'll bump into as it tosses you side to side. You'll want some sort of riser/car seat/booster seat so the seatbelt mounts don't dig into their hips in those backseats too. Harnesses are the most comfortable way to go in the rear since the belt tends to tighten up as you hit bumps.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Or some foam armorflex like we put on AC lines. Youll have to slice it down the middle so it will slide over your ROPS then zip tie it to stay in place.
Wish that s*** came pre sliced, I like it much better than the porous pre sliced pipe insulation. And in orange would be real nice….😂😂

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wish that s*** came pre sliced, I like it much better than the porous pre sliced pipe insulation. And in orange would be real nice….😂😂
Yeah when we get armorflex it's never pre sliced. Would b nice tho

Reactions: Backwoods
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah when we get armorflex it's never pre sliced. Would b nice tho
Check out the closed cell insulation for piping, it's pretty stiff, it's what we use under slab for recirc hot water lines, has a lot better R value also.

Z

zack2309

Aug 8, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I personally haven't. Id say try a noodle foam pad and zip tie it to the bar. Or some foam armorflex like we put on AC lines. Youll have to slice it down the middle so it will slide over your ROPS then zip tie it to stay in place. If this helps you, ive never had anyone hit there head there. Even hitting a rut hard.

Its your first post and no pics yet! You know what that means???
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
First cardinal rule! ;)

D3C8EB15 A0AF 4F98 AD4E F25197ED3686 52B790A5 E54A 43F0 9E35 7464DED0BB93

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!