Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Can anyone with a P1000 tell me how wide across center to center the Rollbars are on a P1000 say about 12" back from the front? I am looking at a couple of MTX Sound bars made to clamp onto the ROPS at the top.

The MUDSYS41 system has an inside roll cage measurement of 43" to 49.5"
The MUDSYS46 system has a inside roll cage measurement of 49.25" to 56'
Looks to be a pretty slick setup:

Reactions: dale5740
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
yep.

Nope..

Want fit.

Its 59" across.
5jjso

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah, and a P500 can't have bucket suspension seats. 3" never stopped me from having a good time. :eek:

Reactions: knuckledeep
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, Get the larger one and make a custom mount.
Not much free space there on the ROPS anyways

P

pmpislander

Dec 2, 2015
TX
I want one. Let me know what you do to make it work.........i will probably copy....

P

pmpislander

Dec 2, 2015
TX
I saw in your build u put it on......how is the sound quality? Is it worth the money?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I want one. Let me know what you do to make it work.........i will probably copy....

To mount the MUDSYS46 Bluetooth stereo that only extends to 57" wide on a 60" P1000 Roll cage I used two 1.75" U bolts and two 2" U-bolts and two pieced of 1" wide by 3/16" thick strap 12" long iron that was pre drilled with slots that for the U-bolts at a Rural King store or a TSC. The Strap is made by STANLEY called a mending strap they have multiple sizes and brackets in a display at these type of stores. I cut each strap in half giving me 4 section, one for each U-bolt. The 1.75" U-bolt goes to the Rear and the 2" goes to the front. The straps extend towards the MTX stereo mount and bolt it all up.

Here is a link to the brace or strap I used for reference: 118 Mending Braces - N220-376 | Stanley Hardware & 1181BC Mending Plates - N351-457 | Stanley Hardware I would buy two of the latter, found them on a different trip in same section, I used the black ones on the front, had I already not cut up the galvanized one I would have used two of the black ones with slotted holes.

I just happened to stumble across it getting the U-bolts and said to myself that will work without me drilling holes just cut it in half.

This is 1/2 of the hardware, double this amount:
20160108 105144

This is it all mounted sorry for unclear pic, but you get the idea:
20160108 150902 20160108 150913

On quality and performance, yes I would buy one again.

Reactions: dale5740
ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To mount the MUDSYS46 Bluetooth stereo that only extends to 57" wide on a 60" P1000 Roll cage I used two 1.75" U bolts and two 2" U-bolts and two pieced of 1" wide by 3/16" thick strap 12" long iron that was pre drilled with slots that for the U-bolts at a Rural King store or a TSC. The Strap is made by STANLEY called a mending strap they have multiple sizes and brackets in a display at these type of stores. I cut each strap in half giving me 4 section, one for each U-bolt. The 1.75" U-bolt goes to the Rear and the 2" goes to the front. The straps extend towards the MTX stereo mount and bolt it all up.

Here is a link to the brace or strap I used for reference: 118 Mending Braces - N220-376 | Stanley Hardware & 1181BC Mending Plates - N351-457 | Stanley Hardware I would buy two of the latter, found them on a different trip in same section, I used the black ones on the front, had I already not cut up the galvanized one I would have used two of the black ones with slotted holes.

I just happened to stumble across it getting the U-bolts and said to myself that will work without me drilling holes just cut it in half.

This is 1/2 of the hardware, double this amount:
View attachment 9370

This is it all mounted sorry for unclear pic, but you get the idea:
View attachment 9371 View attachment 9372

On quality and performance, yes I would buy one again.

Do you like your MTX? Would you recommend? Have you considered a powered sub to go with it? Or is bass decent?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Do you like your MTX? Would you recommend? Have you considered a powered sub to go with it? Or is bass decent?

For what it is, the MTX soundbar is stupid loud with great clear sound. Plenty enough bass for me, but then again I don't listen to that tractor rap crap or regular pop/rap crap either. volume meter goes to 30, at 20+ you can't stand to sit in it while playing high quality tracks, it hurts your ears.

However after just over 2000 miles I and another member have found a design weakness. The very ends of the sound bar are held by 4 small drywall type screws, as it turns out the top plate the roll bar bracket attaches to is supported by them. Mine came loose then broke out the threads in the plastic frame allowing it to sag about 3".
I have temporarily fixed it with Gorilla tape, but I need to take it off and reinforce it with a full metal strap on each end.

Would I buy this unit again, absolutely, I would just reinforce it differently. Why it broke is twofold, neither was MTX fault. first I have it spread 6" wider than spec causing more pressure on the very ends by the way I decided to attach it, second hard hit from bottoming front shocks took it toll jarring it into submission over time. Knowing what I know now, would just reinforce it better upon install.

advertisement
ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a good find, those weren't out when I installed mine. Works on same principle though.

I just got mine today. The sounds seems pretty good. Extension will be here in a few days. Does it bother you It’s more above you instead of in front of you. Closer to front roll bar? Am I envisioning it right? Is it about 6 inches away from windshield? I was hoping the dome light function would suffice but think it may be too far forward.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just got mine today. The sounds seems pretty good. Extension will be here in a few days. Does it bother you It’s more above you instead of in front of you. Closer to front roll bar? Am I envisioning it right? Is it about 6 inches away from windshield? I was hoping the dome light function would suffice but think it may be too far forward.
I mounted mine as far forward as possible up again the clamps for the windshield. Yes its close but unless you chopped your roll cage it shouldn't be a issue.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!