Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry for not introducing myself but hoping someone here may know the answer before I go pick this beast up. I just bought a new Pioneer 1000 (3p). I'm going to pick it up Tue/Wed. I've got a heavy duty enclosed trailer 66" high, 65" wide and plenty long. Obviously if I want to use my trailer I'll have to take off the roll bar for this one time transport. Has anyone completely removed the roll bar for what ever reason? Is it a PIA and can I do it with a socket set and a driver? I have a buddy that has an open landscape trailer I can barrow but it's going to add a lot of time to my pick up process.

Thanks guy!

J Law
Rochester, NY
Welcome! Some body has probably already asked this, but how about letting some air out of the tires?

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome! Some body has probably already asked this, but how about letting some air out of the tires?

I'd need 10" to make the clearance for the enclosed trailer to work.

When the owner was going through the maintenance schedule and extended warranty paperwork, I asked him about if they provide delivery and pick up. He politely hesitated and said we could but where you live (1 hr+) it would be after hours, etc. Then he offered the use of the dealership trailer if I wanted to tow it myself. He said they would load the rig on the trailer, strap it down and I would just have to hitch it to my pick up. Bring the trailer back tomorrow when you have time. Deal. I drive out that way daily for work so it's not a problem at all.

Sidebar story: I bought my first brand new motorcycle here. When I sat down to do the paperwork at this same exact desk in the same location, I said to him; "The last time I sat in this chair was August of 1990 when I bought a 1989 Honda Hawk GT from you." His response; "No s***." He giggled to himself a couple more times during the process. There are closer Honda dealerships to me now but I like this guy.

Reactions: ZeroG and Smitty335
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sidebar story: I bought my first brand new motorcycle here. When I sat down to do the paperwork at this same exact desk in the same location, I said to him; "The last time I sat in this chair was August of 1990 when I bought a 1989 Honda Hawk GT from you." His response; "No s***." He giggled to himself a couple more times during the process. There are closer Honda dealerships to me now but I like this guy.

I had an 89 Hawk GT too. Great bike.

P

Powder

Apr 23, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those of you that have removed the cage, how easy can the frame be bent? Does removing the cage make that much of a difference?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!