P700 Roof Rack/Storage for P700 2 Seater???

P

Pinfish

Sep 10, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm new to the forum, and have enjoyed learning from you guys. I just picked up a P700 2 seater, and I'm short on storage space. Thinking about bolting on a luggage rack type roof rack on top of roof (like the kind made for a small suv/van). Have any of you done anything similar? How did it work? Have any pics? One of my concerns in that the roof is angled towards the front of the machine, so the rack will be angled forward. Not ideal, but would provide space to haul out gear. Any of you have experience you can share? Thanks in advance.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from pa

Reactions: Pinfish
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from MI. Someone will have some ideas for you here :)

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas...

Mine would NOT fit in the shop if I put a roof rack on it...but it may be a good idea for some folks..

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from TN, I’m also a newer member. You’ve come to the right place. Great forum great people! As far as a roof rack goes you might try looking at different atv front or rear cargo racks. Not sure of your fab skills, but I’m sure there is something out there.

Gb63

Gb63

Aug 28, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was looking for extra storage space myself. I really could not find alot of options. The front rack I put on does a good job providing more storage space. An
20180918 172024
Skb bowcase fits perfect. And a plus, it's not mounted on the dusty end....

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
got something like this, hung it from the bars, the latches last longer than zippers, you can put a bunch in it, and it doesnt crush your chips or whatever you got in there like hard things like coolers or glove boxes. its mounted behind my head to save the view of the trail and stuff on the roof of utvs gets destroyed by branches and trees

https://www.amazon.com/ATV-Tek-Hunting-Fishing-Fender/dp/B00DUSKLZS/?tag=sxsweb24-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from west Georgia

P

Pinfish

Sep 10, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was looking for extra storage space myself. I really could not find alot of options. The front rack I put on does a good job providing more storage space. An View attachment 92344 Skb bowcase fits perfect. And a plus, it's not mounted on the dusty end....
I was looking for extra storage space myself. I really could not find alot of options. The front rack I put on does a good job providing more storage space. An View attachment 92344 Skb bowcase fits perfect. And a plus, it's not mounted on the dusty end....
Thanks for the idea. I like that rack. If i end up rigging up something for the roof, I'll post pics.

advertisement
P

Paulgrn68

Nov 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Where did you find the rack?