BOX1

P700 Roofs and Windshields

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I really like the Super ATV flip down windshield but I need a hard roof too. The Super ATV website says that the flip down windshield is not compatible with the factory roof. Does anyone know if the flip down windshield will work with the Kolpin steel roof? I like the look of the Kolpin roof, not too excited about the weight though. What are your thoughts???

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
To my way of thinking the steel roof is too much weight exactly where you don't want it.
Up high
Why exactly do you "need" a hard roof.
I run the fabric roof here in Michigan all year and it works well.
Asking so better help can be given.

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good question...the Pioneer will sit outside all day, and into the night at my ice shack. I'm thinking a hard roof will be better if it is sleeting, or snowing for a long sit on the ice.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I really like the Super ATV flip down windshield but I need a hard roof too. The Super ATV website says that the flip down windshield is not compatible with the factory roof. Does anyone know if the flip down windshield will work with the Kolpin steel roof? I like the look of the Kolpin roof, not too excited about the weight though. What are your thoughts???
It works with the factory roof. I just don't like SATV flip out in the warmer months and run my Kolpin shortie in the tight woods.

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
It works with the factory roof. I just don't like SATV flip out in the warmer months and run my Kolpin shortie in the tight woods.

Screenshot 20210629 161510

M

MTrockSlinger

Jun 20, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would recommend getting the flip “up” windshield from Super ATV. The OEM Honda roof seems to be the best way to go when you research opinions on them and the Super ATV flip up windshield works perfect with the Honda roof. Fully close it for tots wind block, crack it open to provide good venting, or all the way up so it acts like a shorty windshield. The Honda roof it a piece of cake to install but the windshield is a bit of a pain because the instructions are pretty bad. Just have to use some common sense and make adjustments to make it all line up correctly. Overall I am very happy with this setup.

On a side note: The UTV is a lot louder in the cab once you add a roof and windshield so might be a good idea to order a box of good ear plugs or some other type of hearing protection. I have some insulated heat shielding I’m going to add under the seats because everyone says it reduces the sound as well as the heat.

0B7EB329 BDCE 45EC 84AF 6A287913AD5F

CC162739 C669 4CE0 915F C8A1ACA301AB

Last edited:
03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I debated flip down vs flip up for a while. Went with the flip up and love it! We have it open most of the time in the summer and it doesn’t hit on branches like I thought it would.

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
You guys are providing good information, and I appreciate that. I was looking at the fold down windshield because it looks like it goes on and off easily, Velcro straps. The windshield and hard top will only be on for winter. The summer will have sun top and no windshield as pictured.

IMG 20210619 093532641

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
To my way of thinking the steel roof is too much weight exactly where you don't want it.
Up high
Why exactly do you "need" a hard roof.
I run the fabric roof here in Michigan all year and it works well.
Asking so better help can be given.
What Fabric roof are you running? I have a mesh for summer, looking for ideas for winter.

Thanks!

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
You guys are providing good information, and I appreciate that. I was looking at the fold down windshield because it looks like it goes on and off easily, Velcro straps. The windshield and hard top will only be on for winter. The summer will have sun top and no windshield as pictured.

View attachment 281208
I have a Clearly Tough flip down and like it a lot. Easy on easy off, no rattles as velcro snugs well.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ordered the clearly tough but it does NOT work w/ the OEM top. :oops: Have to return it and wait another week to get a different one. CORRECTION: I contacted the company and they said their customers preferred it tucking up under the OEM Roof and it made it more sealed from wind/rain. And when you want to flip it down, undo 4 velcros...takes an extra two minutes....Im going to keep it. It will work. I know, Ill get a pic tomorrow....

Last edited:
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ordered the clearly tough but it does NOT work w/ the OEM top. :oops: Have to return it and wait another week to get a different one. CORRECTION: I contacted the company and they said their customers preferred it tucking up under the OEM Roof and it made it more sealed from wind/rain. And when you want to flip it down, undo 4 velcros...takes an extra two minutes....Im going to keep it. It will work. I know, Ill get a pic tomorrow....
How did it work out?

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
It works fine. It may be a 5 minute thing to undo straps to fold down and I actually do not know how often I would do that and it appears the thing could easily break if laying on the hood so likely wouldnt risk it.....not worth the time and extra cash to get another one. If I want more air in summer, I will just take it off. The windshield however is fine.

Reactions: Rick49274
loggerhead72110

loggerhead72110

Mar 9, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
It works fine. It may be a 5 minute thing to undo straps to fold down and I actually do not know how often I would do that and it appears the thing could easily break if laying on the hood so likely wouldnt risk it.....not worth the time and extra cash to get another one. If I want more air in summer, I will just take it off. The windshield however is fine.
I've got that same windshield on mine and really like it!

Reactions: Rick49274
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
It really is stable in the down position you just velcro it down. I put mine down when it got warm and have yet to put it up.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!