Rotator cuff and Takeover

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This question is to truly test the experience and depth of knowledge of this group.
I had an MRI yesterday morning and it shows a 90% tear in my left rotator that will require surgery. They are telling me 4-6 months recovery. I'm looking at when to schedule my surgery. I'm thinking if I get it early next month I'll be 6-7 weeks out by the time we head south for the Takeover. He said I'll be clear to drive 2-3 weeks out, but I'm sure Tackett creek isn't what he had in mind. Lol

Has anyone had this surgery and how did you feel in that time frame after? I should be in therapy by then and no longer in a sling.

I could also put it off until after, but he said the sooner the better.

Does this mean the addiction is real if I'm basing a necessary medical procedure around a week in the woods with you guys? Lol

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does this mean the addiction is real if I'm basing a necessary medical procedure around a week in the woods with you guys? Lol

I am not much help on the surgery, but yes, the addiction is real!
Withdrawal symptoms can be treated by loading your machine and heading to the trails.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This question is to truly test the experience and depth of knowledge of this group.
I had an MRI yesterday morning and it shows a 90% tear in my left rotator that will require surgery. They are telling me 4-6 months recovery. I'm looking at when to schedule my surgery. I'm thinking if I get it early next month I'll be 6-7 weeks out by the time we head south for the Takeover. He said I'll be clear to drive 2-3 weeks out, but I'm sure Tackett creek isn't what he had in mind. Lol

Has anyone had this surgery and how did you feel in that time frame after? I should be in therapy by then and no longer in a sling.

I went through something similar to this in a car wreck last year. I hit someone that pulled out in front of me and my shoulder dislocated, car kept going and I hit a pole and by luck it popped back in. Still hurt though. I probably should have had surgery but i didnt, just used excersices with a physical theropist. My shoulder still aches after a ride from the steering and bumps and bounces. The bumps and bounces hurts the most. Just know your limit and you will be fine and let the addiction cover up the pain. Lol

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5

sling it up use your other hand you just wont be able to do the chicken dance im sure the wife will feed you cold drink so you dont get dehydrated

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I would not recommend anyone on the mend running Tackett Creek, too many variables in the overall steep terrain. All it would take is a casual tip over and just bracing yourself could reinjure healing parts, especially arms and shoulders.

I have a pretty good tear that I haven't had fixed as pain has been manageable without meds. Had a tree stand snap while climbing, only caught the seat strap of the climber with one arm as bottom of stand fell away. Pretty sure it made that arm an inch longer than morning.

J

JTW

I would not recommend anyone on the mend running Tackett Creek, too many variables in the overall steep terrain. All it would take is a casual tip over and just bracing yourself could reinjure healing parts, especially arms and shoulders.

I have a pretty good tear that I haven't had fixed as pain has been manageable without meds. Had a tree stand snap while climbing, only caught the seat strap of the climber with one arm as bottom of stand fell away. Pretty sure it made that arm an inch longer than morning.
Gravity is a b****!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I went to the overland right after I got tossed and had an AC seperation, of course I never had surgery to fix it either. Just one of those things if you wanna be safe and you want to make sure you don’t mess it up don’t go, but if you wanna take the chance then go.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!