P1000 Rotella T6

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
after getting water in my engine, i switched to rotella.... trans has good solid shifts now. i'd fathom to say a little more grabby.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
after getting water in my engine, i switched to rotella.... trans has good solid shifts now. i'd fathom to say a little more grabby.

Keep us updated. I have read of a couple other people running Rotella T6 with no issues.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Keep us updated. I have read of a couple other people running Rotella T6 with no issues.

Like I said on another post, I ran T6 in my Triumph Daytona, Triumph Speed Triple, Yamaha FJR, 500 Polaris sportsman, 850 Polaris sportsman, Polaris 900 RZR, 4 stroke Mercury outboard, New Holland tractor, Ford F150 and my Ford F250 and never had an oil related issue. That being said I'm sticking with Honda oil for the first few oil changes then will probably go over to T6

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
The T6 is now being labelled with CK4 for diesel but no longer carries an S designation for gas engines.

I've tried to make sense of the all the talk about this but there are too many opinions and not enough facts.

Does anyone know the facts that applies to us multi-vehicle users? Has T6 been reformulated so it is no longer good for gas engines or have the politicians and lawyers just making it harder for us choose the best oil?

Reactions: 0860silverado
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The T6 is now being labelled with CK4 for diesel but no longer carries an S designation for gas engines.

I've tried to make sense of the all the talk about this but there are too many opinions and not enough facts.

Does anyone know the facts that applies to us multi-vehicle users? Has T6 been reformulated so it is no longer good for gas engines or have the politicians and lawyers just making it harder for us choose the best oil?
Does it still have the JASO designation?

EDIT: Answered my own question. Website says this...

• API: CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4
  • ACEA E9; JASO DH-2; Cummins CES 20086; Volvo VDS-4.5; Detroit Fluid Specification (DFS) 93K222, Caterpillar ECF-2/ECF-3, MAN M3575, JASO MA/MA2, Allison TES 439, MB-Approval 228.31

Last edited:
DoubleDoc

DoubleDoc

Mar 28, 2017
Gods Country (Montana)
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed T6 in our 2016 P1K5 since its initial oil change. NO PROBLEMS what so ever. I do follow the OEM oil drain intervals and use OEM filters - which is probably overkill.

I have run Rotella oil in a 2012 Can Am 650 Outlander and a 2010 Rzr 900- all without a hitch. Lastly, my 1997 F350 powerstoke, with nearly 400k (original injectors and fuels pump too) has had rotella since its first oil change. I trust the oil!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well for what it’s worth...we ran Rotella in our first Pioneer with never a clutch issue, in fact it was more solid at the end then it’s replacement. Our second Pioneer was plagued with clutch issues from day one and only received gn4 As I got leery hearing of problems, I still don’t think it matters. Some have had problems with either. But you’re supposed to say only run only gn4 due to the wet clutch.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well for what it’s worth...we ran Rotella in our first Pioneer with never a clutch issue, in fact it was more solid at the end then it’s replacement. Our second Pioneer was plagued with clutch issues from day one and only received gn4 As I got leery hearing of problems, I still don’t think it matters. Some have had problems with either. But you’re supposed to say only run only gn4 due to the wet clutch.
Thats right, I myself have never run anything but gn4 :rolleyes:

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've ran Valvoline atv oil in my Foreman since I got it with no issues. It's better priced than the Honda oil so may use that in my P1k since it's almost due for a change.

Reactions: Remington
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oil change? Thought you just changed direction of oil check dip stick! No I run the Honda oil, in every thing. Good oil! Don't know who makes it?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
1w17l3

DoubleDoc

DoubleDoc

Mar 28, 2017
Gods Country (Montana)
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand the love-hate relationship with oil choice and related opinions. I grew tired of Can-am having a summer and winter blend without a viscosity index listed, makes it damned difficult to find their oil/equivalent in BFE Wyoming or Montana. I finally visited with Shell Oil and asked their engineering folks about T6 in a Rotax engine - they were noncommittal to the question which is fine. I still have the Outlander and it runs great - push snow with it every year (traded our 2010 RZR 900 on the Honda P1K and it had nearly 9k T6 miles).

Probably will have to eat crow on T6 - just did the 2-year oil change interval on the P1K tranny w T6. Hope the viscosity isn't too light.

DarkHorse

DarkHorse

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand the love-hate relationship with oil choice and related opinions. I grew tired of Can-am having a summer and winter blend without a viscosity index listed, makes it damned difficult to find their oil/equivalent in BFE Wyoming or Montana. I finally visited with Shell Oil and asked their engineering folks about T6 in a Rotax engine - they were noncommittal to the question which is fine. I still have the Outlander and it runs great - push snow with it every year (traded our 2010 RZR 900 on the Honda P1K and it had nearly 9k T6 miles).

Probably will have to eat crow on T6 - just did the 2-year oil change interval on the P1K tranny w T6. Hope the viscosity isn't too light.

DoubleDoc... how's the T6 working out for you?

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!