P700 Rough ride

C

crosby

Sep 8, 2018
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just came back from Hatfield & McCoys with my stock 700-2 Deluxe and the ride beat me up big time, what are your suggestions on making it a whole lot better, was suggested to purchase gas shocks and good radial tires which would be quite expensive and don’t want to invest if it didn’t make a huge difference in the ride. Your thoughts please

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just came back from Hatfield & McCoys with my stock 700-2 Deluxe and the ride beat me up big time, what are your suggestions on making it a whole lot better, was suggested to purchase gas shocks and good radial tires which would be quite expensive and don’t want to invest if it didn’t make a huge difference in the ride. Your thoughts please
Buy a 1000:D

Several did the can am shock swap with good result... @Cyberjunk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Set the rear preloads down to minimum if you haven't. After my experience with it on the 500, i'd pull the sway bar.
I thought the 700 rode badly...until I got the 500. Actually, the 700 is like and old 3/4 pickup in that it rides much better with a bit of a load.

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Type Can-Am Shocks in the search bar here. You will come across the threads. I'm finishing up the rear install after work today.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I swapped out the stock tires for bigger radials and it helped some.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I swapped out the stock tires for bigger radials and it helped some.
A big help and don't run it like a race car helps tremendously . I have 27 inch tires and a good air pressure setting and at normal pace for trail conditions it is comfortable enough . If you want it plush you will have to buy some shocks.

C

crosby

Sep 8, 2018
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. 700-2
A big help and don't run it like a race car helps tremendously . I have 27 inch tires and a good air pressure setting and at normal pace for trail conditions it is comfortable enough . If you want it plush you will have to buy some shocks.
Any idea on what kind of shocks, I am not a very savvy on what shocks would be the best

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Fox shocks helped our old one outa lot!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Fox seems to be a popular option . Every one that has them seems pleased, but a much cheaper option that also is popular is the Can Am Commander Shocks they will give you 2 inches of lift and a better ride for a lot less money and I think there is a thread on here

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!