P700 First Ride over 20 mins running hot

Noob

Noob

Oct 27, 2016
West slope of the Blue Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-2
Took the 700-2 on the first ride over 20 minutes and ran hot. Reservoir boiling. Gauge maxed out. Not sure what this could be but it looks like I am headed to the dealer first thing on Tuesday am; I have only had this machine for about two weeks. My first guess is thermostat malf out but I am far from a mechanic. I hope this isn't a sign.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did the fan ever come on?

700s are not known for overheating (cough1000cough). I'd bet an air pocket. The fans do go bad, but usually not this soon...but anything is possible.

Reactions: Noob
Noob

Noob

Oct 27, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did the fan ever come on?

700s are not known for overheating (cough1000cough). I'd bet an air pocket. The fans do go bad, but usually not this soon...but anything is possible.
I did some forum searches and saw that pop up...I am hoping that is what it is but I will take it to the dealer anyway. Like I said this it is only about three weeks old.

Ya know what? I didn't notice if the fan came on or not. This machine was the last 18 my dealer had. Could this be from sitting for an extended period?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did some forum searches and saw that pop up...I am hioping that is what it is but I will take it to the dealer anyway. Like I said this it is only about three weeks old
Yeah...I'd definitely let them deal with it.

West slope of the "Blue Ridge"? That in the NC area?

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Probably air pocket or fan but I’d let it be the dealer problem

Noob

Noob

Oct 27, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-2
I saw a cure for air pocket and thought I might try that, but I am not a very good mechanic so I am thinking I have my Tuesday planned now. I am sure that is probably the issue. Even if I did follow the "fix" I found, I do not have any blue antifreeze.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't blame you I would let them deal with it especially being new. Luckily my dealer was thorough did alignment and burped it when they prepped it. Southern Honda in Chattanooga if you make an appointment they will do it and get it back that day.

Noob

Noob

Oct 27, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't blame you I would let them deal with it especially being new. Luckily my dealer was thorough did alignment and burped it when they prepped it. Southern Honda in Chattanooga if you make an appointment they will do it and get it back that day.
I got mine at Kirks Cycle in Dalton. They have been pretty good to me so far, so I am sure they will do the same. I have bought two machines from her in the last two years so I guess you could call that a good customer.

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know you cant wait. I know you are going to have a good time on it.Dalton is not to far from me I go through there almost every time I go riding.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!