TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A plug kit and compressor goes everywhere I go even if I have brand new tires. In my experience sharp rocks , nails, sticks or whatever els don’t really care how much tread is on a tire
If you have a winch you will be fine. If not, the trails on the paper map have plenty of riders that will pull you out eventually. Look for bypasses around the stupid hard stuff.
20230428 143530 1

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Going to Tennessee and staying at royal blue for the first time ever. (Never rode in Tennessee at all) we will be in a stock p1k5 with not much tread left on back tires. Will I be ok on the trails? Also how in the world do you navigate this place the first time?
What dates are you going to be in TN? I f I'm free could show you around. Should it be raining you really don't want half bald tires. If dry, no problems.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Check out trail #2. Last time we were there it was pretty easy and pretty, runs along a creek, ends at a church.

As stated, conditions may have changed.
Half of trail #2 is closed for logging temporarily between the old water plant and trail #3.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I'd take my P5 with 25% tread on all four and ride with any quad without a second thought.
Did you do that for the FIRST time you ever went to an area? If so, then that's cool. I don't do that anymore due to getting a little older and, well, you know the disability thing.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
A plug kit and compressor goes everywhere I go even if I have brand new tires. In my experience sharp rocks , nails, sticks or whatever els don’t really care how much tread is on a tire
Everyone has to make their own decisions when it comes to the safety of those riding with them. I wouldn't knowingly risk it with a four-year old with me, but that's just me. Stay safe.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If you have a winch you will be fine. If not, the trails on the paper map have plenty of riders that will pull you out eventually. Look for bypasses around the stupid hard stuff.
View attachment 400391
Is that the one from TO23 that you got stuck in right after @Hondasxs had to pull himself out of? The "bad decision"? :D

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone has to make their own decisions when it comes to the safety of those riding with them. I wouldn't knowingly risk it with a four-year old with me, but that's just me. Stay safe.
What are we talking about risking here? A flat tire? Il have a plug kit compressor and a spare with me. Or are the trails just that bad that you wouldn’t take a 4yo????

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What are we talking about risking here? A flat tire? Il have a plug kit compressor and a spare with me. Or are the trails just that bad that you wouldn’t take a 4yo????
No, Take your kid.
Just never recomend riding alone.

Try to do trail 2 starting at 3. Trail #2 Between 3 and 1 may be closed.
There is a waterfall near 2 and 3 intersections, try to go if its not closed off from trail 3 side.
The rest of trail 2 is nice. once at the end, continue on out to the right past the church down road to the river, and play around.
Cross the river and go into town for lunch.
** Returning, don't go up 26 tho. **
Coming back from the river, continue past the church till the end of the dirt road staying left till it meets back up wiht 26/23.
Once to the end of the dirt road, go right on 23, hit 19 back to camp.
Can run this in reverse also.

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No, Take your kid.
Just never recomend riding alone.

Try to do trail 2 starting at 13. Trail #2 Between 13 and 1 may be closed.
There is a waterfall near 2 and 13 intersections, try to go if its not closed off from trail 13 side.
The rest of trail 2 is nice. once at the end, continue on out to the right past the church down road to the river, and play around.
Cross the river and go into town for lunch.
** Returning, don't go up 26 tho. **
Coming back from the river, continue past the church till the end of the dirt road staying left till it meets back up wiht 26/23.
Once to the end of the dirt road, go right on 23, hit 19 back to camp.
Can run this in reverse also.
Trail 3 instead of 13.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Definitely take your kid they'll have a blast playing in the mud/creeks/rivers and whatever else they get into. We've been taking our kids since they were 4 and 5 and they always have a great time.

Just for peace of mind, I suggest you invest in a good aftermarket skid plate vs new tires if you can only swing one or the other. Your half worn out stock tires should be ok unless it's real sloppy in which case even if you had perfect tread you might still end up winching. Also download one of the many free off-road navigation apps and familiarize yourself with the RRB trails a bit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!