Royal blue

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going to Tennessee and staying at royal blue for the first time ever. (Never rode in Tennessee at all) we will be in a stock p1k5 with not much tread left on back tires. Will I be ok on the trails? Also how in the world do you navigate this place the first time?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going to Tennessee and staying at royal blue for the first time ever. (Never rode in Tennessee at all) we will be in a stock p1k5 with not much tread left on back tires. Will I be ok on the trails? Also how in the world do you navigate this place the first time?
Befriend @TripleB and/or @JACKAL and ask them nicely to lead you around

Edit: They may not be cheap but they can be bought….$20 is $20

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They have paper maps of RRB at various locations. I know the Comfort Inn has some. As for your tires common sense should tell you if the terrain dictates good traction. There are plenty of gravel roads and non challenging trails where traction won’t be an issue. How far are you driving to get there? If it’s a long way I’d reconsider and be fully prepared!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Better get new tires!
They have maps at the office, you can also get vvmaping or other digital trail maps

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
1. New tires. Its rocky and if yours are beat, expect a flat.
2. skid plates.
3. Download Orux maps or the like on your phone and load the custom overlay from Tackett Creek Mafia on FB. I tried the paper map thing my first time and it sucked. Spent more time stopped at intersections trying to figure out WTF I was than actually riding.
4. skid plates

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Get a map and study it. Trails are well marked and definitely get new tires and skids would help, but I doubt you're going to be flying around the place with a stock machine. It was fairly dry when we were there last, but there were some pretty greasy spots on hillsides that made me realize I need to rethink when I replace my current tires with regard to greasy mud. I've been down there several times in various machines, but being down riding for 4 days during 23TO helped me better get my bearings. I wouldn't go on the crazy stuff if you've never been there and don't have someone to ride with and navigating you about. Make sure and top off when you go out. We rode along with various groups every day and had a blast .

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
we will be in a stock p1k5 with not much tread left on back tires. Will I be ok on the trails?
I've only been to TN twice (TO23 and a month before that) following around some of our wily SXS veterans and locals to the area. All I've got to say is I wouldn't do what you're doing on bad tires. Hell, doing them on your own with brand new tires would still be iffy for me if I had zero experience on those trails.

Also how in the world do you navigate this place the first time?

There are plenty of free or low cost options for running a GPS based app on a phone or tablet. While not as good as higher priced options, I think they are still better than paper only (have both). See suggestions above from @The Green Goat and @Remington.

Good luck and be safe.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Bad tires can turn into a s*** show fast there especially if it's been raining. Definitely stay off trail 9 and 26. All the others trails you just never know when it's gonna be bad. The trails can change drastically in a month or so.
VideoCapture 20230823 072509

This is on trail 19 between 27 and 13. It was nothing in June but it was a Jeep eater Saturday night lol.

Spencer357

Spencer357

Sep 15, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the good info I’m only 5 hours away and the wife is bout to die to take this camper out we just got so I figured we would ride up there for a few nights. My buddy will be with us on a four wheeler. Rear tires are about 50% and I was wanting to run them all the way down before replacing but I may go ahead and look into new ones. I do have a good bit of seat time on the pioneer but mostly at the smaller atv parks. We will be there Labor Day weekend. Not really looking for any crazy trails we will have our 4 yo daughter with us.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Get tires before you go!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m going to go against the group here and say if the tires are holding air … run them. You may use the winch a time or two more especially if it’s been raining before you arrive or while you’re there. Overall though IMHO, you’ll be fine getting around the average trails there.

But then again, I left the stock 24” tires on my P5 the entire time I owned it. So maybe don’t listen to me.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You're not worried because you'd don't have to walk out if his rear tire gets jacked by a sharp rock, @futzin !

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!