TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yesterday our adventure started by ditching the mini bike. As @Adam490 stated; I agree with him that thru these trails you would die on that thing before making it back. This area is much different than Drummond. I would go as far to say this area on its easiest is sometimes more difficult than Drummond on its hardest. We also ditched the chainsaw. We have not seen yet once where it would be needed. Compared to Drummond its nice to have. The poor little guy also came apart at the case where the bar comes into. I think it does not like all the bumps these trails provide.

We shot up 27, went south on 19 to 13. Took 13 to 15 and 8 to 14. We went to see the waterfall there. This side of Ride Royal Blue area really reminds us of Drummond. The north east side trails reminds you that you are in the foot hills of mountains :p.

After seeing the waterfall we took 14 back to 8 the way we came and headed south on 7 to 5 to 4 and then 2 to see the second waterfall. This area was very much like Drummond. Complete with a logging scenic view :).

Both waterfalls were really neat. We were able to climb down to the waterfall on trail 2 and get into the water some. We then took trail 2 to the church and whipped out our phones ready to GPS our way into town for ice cream and realized sugar puddins is closed on Monday. So we took 25 to stinking creek and back to the cabin. We went 40 miles yesterday over 6.5 hours. We spent a lot of time sight seeing and had a blast.

The right front cv shaft started the morning with some clicks. By the afternoon they became pops. By late afternoon the cv shaft now POPS. We spent the remainder of the day in 2wd only using 4wd when needed.

We used Gaia with @Adam490 maps. It worked really well and I like the layout alot.

Thank you very much for the provided files!

We shall see what today has in store for us soon.

I have 2 front axles that slighty pop from time to time. I replaced them a few months ago. If yours goes completely out, you can have 1for free to finish your trip. Or I have 2 used front OEM axles I bought off ebay but I've got a $100 a piece in them and they may be popping also lol.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 2 front axles that slighty pop from time to time. I replaced them a few months ago. If yours goes completely out, you can have 1for free to finish your trip. Or I have 2 used front OEM axles I bought off ebay but I've got a $100 a piece in them and they may be popping also lol.
Can’t beat that! 🐝🐝🐝 is a good guy like that. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

LOL thank you so much! I will hit you up if we totally lose our 4wd :p

I will have to brag on my wife some because last night we were discussing it. Do we claim warranty and potentially wind up down the same road again later or go ahead and purchase an upgrade. She said I think an upgrade is better. I said cool, the rhino 2.0 is $240. Her reply was OK we just need $500 then. I said it's just $240 for the one. She said we need to go ahead and replace both front if we are going to properly upgrade it. :D

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
LOL thank you so much! I will hit you up if we totally lose our 4wd :p

I will have to brag on my wife some because last night we were discussing it. Do we claim warranty and potentially wind up down the same road again later or go ahead and purchase an upgrade. She said I think an upgrade is better. I said cool, the rhino 2.0 is $240. Her reply was OK we just need $500 then. I said it's just $240 for the one. She said we need to go ahead and replace both front if we are going to properly upgrade it. :D
I will say most of the time when the better half goes out and sees what its like on the trails, they normally don't complain much about upgrades.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some questions:

The machine hit 3 bars today going up a large hill. I have my cordless ryobi and a 5 gallon bucket of water with me and I am going to spray out the radiator. Is there anywhere else I should spray out? Should I let it cool off before I spray it?

I think after today we pretty much hit everything in the north and east side. Does anyone have any suggestions for neat things to see on the west side?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today's adventure lead us up 27 along19 across 24 thru 25 to the elk viewing tower. We had the opportunity to get some close up pictures of some cows in the first valley. After awhile they ran up the hill to a larger group about 450 yards away. There was 1 bull up there. We took some more pictures before we left back the way we came. From 19 we went along 31. There were a few oh no moments. After the cave we headed out 33 back to where we came from, the cabin. We had alot of stops and short walks today. Went 34 miles over 8 hours and 45 minutes. It was a good day. Gaia did well today. The Right front axle pop was continuos today. It didn't care if it was in 2wd or 4wd. At about 2/3 to full turn it would click as the wheel came around. We jacked up the front end with a jack and confirmed it is the outter cv shaft. At almost full turn as the wheel comes around it hangs and then clicks past it. It did not get any worse than it was yesterday. Just more consistent. We also found the right front inner tie rod to have some wiggle. I am not sure yet if we want oe tie rods or aftermarket. My thought is that if we use an aftermarket tie rod it may be tough however will lead to breaking the next weak link, a steering gear box. I am contemplating using oe tie rods and maybe get some spares and they can be a "fuse" in the steering system.

Tomorrow may be our last ride. It is supposed to rain Thursday so we will spend Thursday browsing around town and see what they have to offer. Then Friday's ride will be determined by how much rain we get and how nasty it makes this place. Then Saturday we pack up and head home.

Last edited:
advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Does anyone know if orux allows satellite download for offli
See if you can download this from my dropbox.

tennessee.zip

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

Put ALL contents into the following file
ORUXMAPS --> MAPFILES

Then UnZIP in the Mapfiles - File.

This will be the background map files.
Under maps, switch maps, offline maps.
It should now show.
If not, close and resetart app.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Today's adventure lead us up 27 along19 across 24 thru 25 to the elk viewing tower. We had the opportunity to get some close up pictures of some cows in the first valley. After awhile they ran up the hill to a larger group about 450 yards away. There was 1 bull up there. We took some more pictures before we left back the way we came. From 19 we went along 31. There were a few oh no moments. After the cave we headed out 33 back to where we came from, the cabin. We had alot of stops and short walks today. Went 34 miles over 8 hours and 45 minutes. It was a good day. Gaia did well today. The Right front axle pop was continuos today. It didn't care if it was in 2wd or 4wd. At about 2/3 to full turn it would click as the wheel came around. We jacked up the front end with a jack and confirmed it is the outter cv shaft. At almost full turn as the wheel comes around it hangs and then clicks past it. It did not get any worse than it was yesterday. Just more consistent. We also found the right front inner tie rod to have some wiggle. I am not sure yet if we want oe tie rods or aftermarket. My thought is that if we use an aftermarket tie rod it may be tough however will lead to breaking the next weak link, a steering gear box. I am contemplating using oe tie rods and maybe get some spares and they can be a "fuse" in the steering system.

Tomorrow may be our last ride. It is supposed to rain Thursday so we will spend Thursday browsing around town and see what they have to offer. Then Friday's ride will be determined by how much rain we get and how nasty it makes this place. Then Saturday we pack up and head home.

Always carry a spare tie rod or 2. I would just stay OEM. I rode probably 40 miles on a rear axle popping so bad that I was 100% sure it wasn't gonna make it. Well the rear got me home but I broke a front axle the last morning backing up to take a picture. That was a rough weekend for me lol.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
See if you can download this from my dropbox.

tennessee.zip

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

Put ALL contents into the following file
ORUXMAPS --> MAPFILES

Then UnZIP in the Mapfiles - File.

This will be the background map files.
Under maps, switch maps, offline maps.
It should now show.
If not, close and resetart app.
Thank you very much! I am downloading them now.

What is the ballona store you mentioned earlier? What is the hombre store labeled in your eternal flame map?

Reactions: JenElio and toddvdh
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Always carry a spare tie rod or 2. I would just stay OEM. I rode probably 40 miles on a rear axle popping so bad that I was 100% sure it wasn't gonna make it. Well the rear got me home but I broke a front axle the last morning backing up to take a picture. That was a rough weekend for me lol.
Sounds good to me! This place is awesome and we really hope to be able to come back!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!