Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have 4 different mapping apps on my tablet. If the trails are available on a certain app i use that one, and record the trials in another app running in the background.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey @The Green Goat,
Those directions I gave you for our overland.
Was it easy to do?
Also, didn't I have you load the offline full TN map?

I can load those up for everyone this weekend.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulled from an old post (2016) but prices look similar to what I remember for this last year 2021…if I recall you won’t be able to get 2022 permits yet. It might be like February or so they become available. I could be wrong but just be extra careful about that if you are going to try to buy them early for TO.

Trail Permits - Land access permit!
  • Only 1 permit needed per vehicle, passengers ride FREE!
  • Daily out of state permit, type 038 = $37.00
  • Daily in state permit, type 036 = $15.00
  • Annual permits are the best option if riding for 4+ days or plan to return.
  • Annual out of state permit combo, type 071+093, $130.00
  • Annual in-state permit combo, type 001+093, $53.00
  • Get permits here --> Tennessee Online Hunting & Fishing License Center
  • Click Hunting or Fishing and continue till you get to the selection type page. Select the correct type # listed above. Permit is called - NR High Impact

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulled from an old post (2016) but prices look similar to what I remember for this last year 2021…if I recall you won’t be able to get 2022 permits yet. It might be like February or so they become available. I could be wrong but just be extra careful about that if you are going to try to buy them early for TO.

Trail Permits - Land access permit!
  • Only 1 permit needed per vehicle, passengers ride FREE!
  • Daily out of state permit, type 038 = $37.00
  • Daily in state permit, type 036 = $15.00
  • Annual permits are the best option if riding for 4+ days or plan to return.
  • Annual out of state permit combo, type 071+093, $130.00
  • Annual in-state permit combo, type 001+093, $53.00
  • Get permits here --> Tennessee Online Hunting & Fishing License Center
  • Click Hunting or Fishing and continue till you get to the selection type page. Select the correct type # listed above. Permit is called - NR High Impact
Thank you! I have the permits purchased. We opted for the 7 day pass. We want to try to go to the takeover next year but our schedules are always so difficult to nail down and the savings would have only been $12 buying the annual pass versus 2 seven day passes. We are on our way as of 1 hour ago :D

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Hey @The Green Goat,
Those directions I gave you for our overland.
Was it easy to do?
Also, didn't I have you load the offline full TN map?

I can load those up for everyone this weekend.
Yup. My biggest hang up was navigating the file explorer on my tablet. Once I figured out where things were downloading to and how to move them to the proper folder, it worked perfectly.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you! I have the permits purchased. We opted for the 7 day pass. We want to try to go to the takeover next year but our schedules are always so difficult to nail down and the savings would have only been $12 buying the annual pass versus 2 seven day passes. We are on our way as of 1 hour ago :D
Have a good time. Take lots of pics to share with us.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We slept in Evansville IN last night and left this morning about 8 and arrived at Ride Royal Blue at 2pm. We were on the trail around 3:30 after unloading and setting up the cabin. We put the pioneer in low with 4wd and ran right up thru trail 27 a little over 4 miles in before we turned around, and I think we crossed into 19. We took our leisurely time and round trip was about 2.5 hours for our 8 mile ride :p we saw a pretty large black bear and just kind of got to know the camp layout. Tomorrow shall be a whole day of riding!

IMG 20211113 160811

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
what cabin you in?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know how to repair or what glue to use to fix the seat? We were coming down a big hill today and it literally came out from under me and separated.

IMG 20211114 155903 IMG 20211114 155906

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Does anyone know how to repair or what glue to use to fix the seat? We were coming down a big hill today and it literally came out from under me and separated.

View attachment 304576 View attachment 304577
Nothing you can do there. Ducktape it to get through your adventure.

I'm actually working on a seat now. I'll tag you in the post.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So today we rode 42 miles over 7.5 hours. My wife and I went up 27 to 19. We took 19 to 37 and went to the water fall. We then took 35 (which was very intense) to 36. We had both front tires off the ground for a second trying to get thru 35. We spent most of it on 3 wheels. We get to 36 and head north thinking we might get close enough to see the elk viewing tower. We get to the end of 36 and it dead ends. This is where we get lost. We were using OnX today and short story is that we did not like it. It took us up 36 and the paper map shows it dead ends. OnX shows a trail that should cross over to 25. Basically it lies. It took us thru some wooded areas that looked like they had been cut like a tunnel just big enough to fit thru. It lead us to a couple private gated areas and then the best part was when we were using the map to expand and view the terrain it somehow stopped and erased our tracking. So we couldn't even see where we came from. Somehow we ended up on hickory lane, went north to rock creek lane, then west on stinking creek to get back to the resort. It was an eventful day.

IMG 20211114 133236 IMG 20211114 132919 IMG 20211114 132932

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So today we rode 42 miles over 7.5 hours. My wife and I went up 27 to 19. We took 19 to 37 and went to the water fall. We then took 35 (which was very intense) to 36. We had both front tires off the ground for a second trying to get thru 35. We spent most of it on 3 wheels. We get to 36 and head north thinking we might get close enough to see the elk viewing tower. We get to the end of 36 and it dead ends. This is where we get lost. We were using OnX today and short story is that we did not like it. It took us up 36 and the paper map shows it dead ends. OnX shows a trail that should cross over to 25. Basically it lies. It took us thru some wooded areas that looked like they had been cut like a tunnel just big enough to fit thru. It lead us to a couple private gated areas and then the best part was when we were using the map to expand and view the terrain it somehow stopped and erased our tracking. So we couldn't even see where we came from. Somehow we ended up on hickory lane, went north to rock creek lane, then west on stinking creek to get back to the resort. It was an eventful day.

View attachment 304583 View attachment 304584 View attachment 304585
If you would've went right when you came out onto 36, you would have came out on trail 25 which is the elk tower trail.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you would've went right when you came out onto 36, you would have came out on trail 25 which is the elk tower trail.
I think we went left to the dead end of it according to the paper map. Then OnX acted as if there was more trail to the left and right at the dead in. Visually the trail left looked rarely used. The trail right looked used so we went that that. Next thing we know OnX is making us go thru what seems like private land. We even ended up down a gravel road dead end at a house before turning around.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yesterday our adventure started by ditching the mini bike. As @Adam490 stated; I agree with him that thru these trails you would die on that thing before making it back. This area is much different than Drummond. I would go as far to say this area on its easiest is sometimes more difficult than Drummond on its hardest. We also ditched the chainsaw. We have not seen yet once where it would be needed. Compared to Drummond its nice to have. The poor little guy also came apart at the case where the bar comes into. I think it does not like all the bumps these trails provide.

We shot up 27, went south on 19 to 13. Took 13 to 15 and 8 to 14. We went to see the waterfall there. This side of Ride Royal Blue area really reminds us of Drummond. The north east side trails reminds you that you are in the foot hills of mountains :p.

After seeing the waterfall we took 14 back to 8 the way we came and headed south on 7 to 5 to 4 and then 2 to see the second waterfall. This area was very much like Drummond. Complete with a logging scenic view :).

Both waterfalls were really neat. We were able to climb down to the waterfall on trail 2 and get into the water some. We then took trail 2 to the church and whipped out our phones ready to GPS our way into town for ice cream and realized sugar puddins is closed on Monday. So we took 25W to stinking creek and back to the cabin. We went 40 miles yesterday over 6.5 hours. We spent a lot of time sight seeing and had a blast.

The right front cv shaft started the morning with some clicks. By the afternoon they became pops. By late afternoon the cv shaft now POPS. We spent the remainder of the day in 2wd only using 4wd when needed.

We used Gaia with @Adam490 maps. It worked really well and I like the layout alot.

Thank you very much for the provided files!

We shall see what today has in store for us soon.

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Yesterday our adventure started by ditching the mini bike. As @Adam490 stated; I agree with him that thru these trails you would die on that thing before making it back. This area is much different than Drummond. I would go as far to say this area on its easiest is sometimes more difficult than Drummond on its hardest. We also ditched the chainsaw. We have not seen yet once where it would be needed. Compared to Drummond its nice to have. The poor little guy also came apart at the case where the bar comes into. I think it does not like all the bumps these trails provide.

We shot up 27, went south on 19 to 13. Took 13 to 15 and 8 to 14. We went to see the waterfall there. This side of Ride Royal Blue area really reminds us of Drummond. The north east side trails reminds you that you are in the foot hills of mountains :p.

After seeing the waterfall we took 14 back to 8 the way we came and headed south on 7 to 5 to 4 and then 2 to see the second waterfall. This area was very much like Drummond. Complete with a logging scenic view :).

Both waterfalls were really neat. We were able to climb down to the waterfall on trail 2 and get into the water some. We then took trail 2 to the church and whipped out our phones ready to GPS our way into town for ice cream and realized sugar puddins is closed on Monday. So we took 25 to stinking creek and back to the cabin. We went 40 miles yesterday over 6.5 hours. We spent a lot of time sight seeing and had a blast.

The right front cv shaft started the morning with some clicks. By the afternoon they became pops. By late afternoon the cv shaft now POPS. We spent the remainder of the day in 2wd only using 4wd when needed.

We used Gaia with @Adam490 maps. It worked really well and I like the layout alot.

Thank you very much for the provided files!

We shall see what today has in store for us soon.
Good deal man! Looks like yall are having a blast. I love that area.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!