First Time Ride Royal Blue Recommendations

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I are going to Ride Royal Blue next month and would like some information on which trails people would recommend?

Our main goal is to do nothing that will break the machine. We want to sight see and hopefully get some nice late fall color photos. If you are familiar with Drummond Island in Michigan we handled everything up there except the steps at marble head. We are experienced riders but we will be alone so we prefer to not take risks without a group.

Does anyone have any mapping app suggestions for phones?

Machine has high lifter arched arms, high lifter 2.5" lift, and 28" intimidator tires.

Thank you all in advance!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The HondaSxS.com club has an annual ride there so there is quite a bit of information on this site.

Points of intrest / map:

Thread 'Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!' Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!

One point of caution, trail 27 is a private trail for the Ride Royal Blue campground.
It's been open in the past but they are working on a gate.

First time riders information:

Thread 'New Guy Takeover info' New Guy Takeover info

It's a great place that keeps me coming back again and again.
There are mud pits that can be intimidating, if always been able to work my way around them (that's code for turn tail and take another trail).

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The HondaSxS.com club has an annual ride there so there is quite a bit of information on this site.

Points of intrest / map:

Thread 'Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!' Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!

One point of caution, trail 27 is a private trail for the Ride Royal Blue campground.
It's been open in the past but they are working on a gate.

First time riders information:

Thread 'New Guy Takeover info' New Guy Takeover info

It's a great place that keeps me coming back again and again.
There are mud pits that can be intimidating, if always been able to work my way around them (that's code for turn tail and take another trail).
Thank you!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just go for a ride with @JACKAL
“It gets easier from here”
Yall pretty hard on me about that, you have no idea what I had to endure just to get to the parking lot to start the day. 😬 So yeah it got easier from there. 🥵 Next time youins bring off road tires on them trailer queens. 😝

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yall pretty hard on me about that, you have no idea what I had to endure just to get to the parking lot to start the day. 😬 So yeah it got easier from there. 🥵 Next time youins bring off road tires on them trailer queens. 😝
I wasn’t part of it. I figured some that were would chime in though. Maybe they all are too scared. 🤣

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We are setup from the 13th to the 19th at hoot owl cabins for November. We are getting more and more excited each day!
Trail 9 is the hardest. Trail 26 is the next hardest. Most of the other trails are a craps shoot depending on rain fall and traffic. 26 is always doable as long as you start it at trail 1 and go down. Go down it and if you think it's doable, come back up it. Sometimes it's not doable coming up it unless you have 32s or better. Trail 9 has go arounds for most obstacles but it still pretty ruff. It's fun but IDK if I would do it alone.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my fav area. Cool bolders and the cave. There is a few challanging rockey spots but a factory machine can manage it.

TRAIL 2
Once you get to the church at trail 2, continue past it into town. Cross the river and go into town for lunch.
To get back, take trail 2 back or the gravel road at the church that meets up with 26.
Taking 26 starting near the church is difficulate and single track.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My wife and I are going to Ride Royal Blue next month and would like some information on which trails people would recommend?

Our main goal is to do nothing that will break the machine. We want to sight see and hopefully get some nice late fall color photos. If you are familiar with Drummond Island in Michigan we handled everything up there except the steps at marble head. We are experienced riders but we will be alone so we prefer to not take risks without a group.

Does anyone have any mapping app suggestions for phones?

Machine has high lifter arched arms, high lifter 2.5" lift, and 28" intimidator tires.

Thank you all in advance!
Ive ridden Drummond many times having a place in Norther Mi.
Also have rode RRB many times too. If you did Drummond, you can do RRB No prob.
do u come to Drummond often?
Also ,VVMapping.com and and old or new garmin will get u where u want to go

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know how well t mobile service works in the ride royal blue area? I am thinking about investing in a data connected tablet for ride mapping.
Do u have a tablet now? Android?
I can help you load offline maps.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Does anyone know how well t mobile service works in the ride royal blue area? I am thinking about investing in a data connected tablet for ride mapping.
You don't need data connection to map. You need a tablet with a real satellite chip and the appropriate software. Samsung Galaxy Tab A either 8" or 10" will do the trick, they can track 12 satellites at once and are accurate to within 3 meters.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don't need data connection to map. You need a tablet with a real satellite chip and the appropriate software. Samsung Galaxy Tab A either 8" or 10" will do the trick, they can track 12 satellites at once and are accurate to within 3 meters.
Do you know if this applies to the a7 lite?

Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do u have a tablet now? Android?
I can help you load offline maps.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I do not have a tablet yet. We are considering investing in one.

Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive ridden Drummond many times having a place in Norther Mi.
Also have rode RRB many times too. If you did Drummond, you can do RRB No prob.
do u come to Drummond often?
Also ,VVMapping.com and and old or new garmin will get u where u want to go
My wife is a third person in a family trust for a cabin on La Pointe Island off of Drummond. We have been going to Drummond every year for the last 5 years in a row. Last year was our first year with the pioneer and our first year of off roading. It was amazing. We did not get a chance to go this year and we chose not to go because the cabin was never opened this year because none of the family went. So we decided to go to Ride Royal Blue this year. We typically go in August but our vacation was delayed due to work.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!