New Guy Takeover info

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This was my first year and as anyone going for the first time it can be a lot to take in and figure out. So I thought I would help.

Renting a SXS. (Friends want to go or maybe even yours breaks and you don't want to ruin the trip)

First lets talk where to stay?
Option 1 (Camping)(Cabins) (Like to party or be around a ton of people)(Not for a light sleeper)
Royal Blue Camp grounds (It is one of the main entrances so a ton of people riding by all night and people partying) They have Gas for your ride but you can get it even if your not staying with them. If you are in a cabin, the traffic doesn't seem to be as bad as long as you don't get one of the ones right behind the store.

Option 2 (Camping) (Have kids want to keep the noise down a little)
Stinking Creek ATV camp grounds (No entrance have to ride the road over to a entrance) But have a little place for the kids to play in the water. Way less traffic)
Stinking Creek Campgrou| United States | Royal Blue

Option 3 (Camping) (haven't stayed but should be like Option 2 but no water area)
Eagle Rock Resort (Call Royal Blue Campgrounds to book)

Option 4 (Hotel) get food at store less clean up you get the point. Also gas station to fill up on the way in.
Comfort Inn, This is at a different Exit (141) Its a 30+ min ride to everybody and you have to ride the woods. But you have to take some trails. (For a quick trip and you don't mind night riding it a cool way to go) (If you are staying at the hotel learn the rules to street ride this looks like the main place the cops will stop you)

Lets talk a little riding. (You can get a map at Royal Blue camp grounds store)
ways in
27 is at Royal blue camp ground this can be a little much if you have never done anything like this or if the wife and kids are a little gun shy.
13 is very easy if you need a starter run or kids want to get wet. From Royal Blue camp grounds go west or towards the Interstate as soon as you pass the Cemetery sign on the south side of the road you take the next road it looks like a driveway just drive to the end and you are on 13.
10 If you don't turn on 13 and you keep going 10 is right before the Interstate. 10 isn't bad but does have a few spot if new.
12 is Comfort Inn or gas station or Restaurants 10 will take you to 12 see map.

If you are very new or the wife and kids are I would do 13 then turn around go back and take 10 to 12 and get them some ice cream at the store that will have them ready to ride.

Permit info (Yes you need one) (Don't miss helmet info in pic)
Official Tennessee Fishing and Hunting Licenses | Go Outdoors Tennessee

1651080640583 2

Also good info on these maps
Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!

Everyone is super nice
Fill up on Gas everyday (You can ride 20-30miles a day easy)
Bring a few tools I would say no less that a jack, Hammer, crescent wrench, Big zip ties, Pliers, way to get wheel off.
2019 PIONEER TAKEOVER GEARLIST

If at all possible ride with another bike

Info for the Mud base people
Takeover (Mud ride based UTVs)

As far as kids go mine had a great time. They danced till like 10pm on the stage. I didn't see any issues with bring them.

May add more later but this is a good start

Last edited:
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info, esp the 'where to stay' since I had no idea of the possible realistic options.

They have others also but they are like rent a house type I think this was the majors.

We stayed at Royal Blue last week and next time we will stay at Stinking Creek ATV because my kids can go outside and swim in the creek. Being my kids are little 6 and 9 on a busy weekend like Takeover it would be a little safer also at Stinking Creek ATV. If I didn't have kids I would stay at Royal Blue or Comfort Inn but those are two completely different places to stay.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I think it would be good to add not to be shy about asking to tag along. Just ask to tag along and what the group is planning on doing. I know when I got there I only had 110 miles on my machine, had never ridden that type of terrain, and was worried about slowing down a group so I never approached anybody about riding. We happened across a great group that let us tag along and showed us the sights and it really sold me on this club. Same can be said about the guys that let us leave our trailer and watched my machine so we didn't have to pay to park and trailer the machine back and forth every day. I've since been back to RRB and would have no problem leading a group through a sight seeing ride or hitting the more difficult areas.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think it would be good to add not to be shy about asking to tag along. Just ask to tag along and what the group is planning on doing. I know when I got there I only had 110 miles on my machine, had never ridden that type of terrain, and was worried about slowing down a group so I never approached anybody about riding. We happened across a great group that let us tag along and showed us the sights and it really sold me on this club. Same can be said about the guys that let us leave our trailer and watched my machine so we didn't have to pay to park and trailer the machine back and forth every day. I've since been back to RRB and would have no problem leading a group through a sight seeing ride or hitting the more difficult areas.
Hit up @Tramguage, we are always looking for tour guides to break up the groups into smaller groups, a lot less complicated that way and more fun! HA!

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Best thing about RRB Camp is not having to run road to get to trails..... worst think about RRB is riding trail 27 from campground. I hate that trail, especially after a half dozen trips up/down it. It's just long, rough, and boring! We ride road to avoid it often unless it's late and then use 27 back.

Great info for a new person though. We had cabin at RRB 1st year and Camped RRB this year. Noise and traffic never really bothered us. May go to ridges this year.

Suggestion, go early! Lots of people get there early and ride throughout the week.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Best thing about RRB Camp is not having to run road to get to trails..... worst think about RRB is riding trail 27 from campground. I hate that trail, especially after a half dozen trips up/down it. It's just long, rough, and boring! We ride road to avoid it often unless it's late and then use 27 back.

Great info for a new person though. We had cabin at RRB 1st year and Camped RRB this year. Noise and traffic never really bothered us. May go to ridges this year.

Suggestion, go early! Lots of people get there early and ride throughout the week.
Whens every one arriving? Dad, John and I will be arriving the Sunday before and riding all week? Look us up if you come early and go for some rides!

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

The ridges is awesome. Short road ride to 13 or 10. Best thing about not having trail access is no mud and no dust.I will be staying at the Ridges from Wed. Thru Sunday for the TO. Also will be there in November from the 7th thru the 10th.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The ridges is awesome. Short road ride to 13 or 10. Best thing about not having trail access is no mud and no dust.I will be staying at the Ridges from Wed. Thru Sunday for the TO. Also will be there in November from the 7th thru the 10th.
Cool!

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Doing my research. Thanks for the info. I’m looking for a ride to do next year. I’m interested in when the 2020 takeover is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chooglin and Vondy
MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome thread and thanks...from a new sxs owner. So back in the good ole days I had a foreman stroke bored lifted all that good stuff. I done Marango 5 years in a row. Then I got a Rincon since my mini monster truck foreman was not built for comfort.Rode it at Winrock several times...but anyway to the point...you touched on a few things HOWEVER...to the new guy with his better half...give us a check list of what to bring...I have read alot of post and it sounds like a skid plates are a must...so a list of what to bring...and a list of most needed mods.
PLEASE
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This was my first year and as anyone going for the first time it can be a lot to take in and figure out. So I thought I would help.

First lets talk where to stay?
Option 1 (Camping)(Cabins) (Like to party or be around a ton of people)(Not for a light sleeper)
Royal Blue Camp grounds (It is one of the main entrances so a ton of people riding by all night and people partying) They have Gas for your ride but you can get it even if your not staying with them. If you are in a cabin, the traffic doesn't seem to be as bad as long as you don't get one of the ones right behind the store.

Option 2 (Camping) (Have kids want to keep the noise down a little)
Stinking Creek ATV camp grounds (No entrance have to ride the road over to a entrance) But have a little place for the kids to play in the water. Way less traffic)

Option 3 (Camping) (haven't stayed but should be like Option 2 but no water area)
Eagle Rock Resort (Call Royal Blue Campgrounds to book)

Option 4 (Hotel) get food at store less clean up you get the point. Also gas station to fill up on the way in.
Comfort Inn, This is at a different Exit (141) Its a 30+ min ride to everybody and you have to ride the woods. But you have to take some trails. (For a quick trip and you don't mind night riding it a cool way to go) (If you are staying at the hotel learn the rules to street ride this looks like the main place the cops will stop you)

Lets talk a little riding. (You can get a map at Royal Blue camp grounds store)
ways in
27 is at Royal blue camp ground this can be a little much if you have never done anything like this or if the wife and kids are a little gun shy.
13 is very easy if you need a starter run or kids want to get wet. From Royal Blue camp grounds go west or towards the Interstate as soon as you pass the Cemetery sign on the south side of the road you take the next road it looks like a driveway just drive to the end and you are on 13.
10 If you don't turn on 13 and you keep going 10 is right before the Interstate. 10 isn't bad but does have a few spot if new.
12 is Comfort Inn or gas station or Restaurants 10 will take you to 12 see map.

If you are very new or the wife and kids are I would do 13 then turn around go back and take 10 to 12 and get them some ice cream at the store that will have them ready to ride.

Also good info on these maps
Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!

Everyone is super nice
Fill up on Gas everyday (You can ride 20-30miles a day easy)
Bring a few tools I would say no less that a jack, Hammer, crescent wrench, Big zip ties, Pliers, way to get wheel off.
If at all possible ride with another bike

Info for the Mud base people
Takeover (Mud ride based UTVs)

As far as kids go mine had a great time. They danced till like 10pm on the stage. I didn't see any issues with bring them.

May add more later but this is a good start
How old were your kids. I have taken my 6yearold on a few rides. Its tuff on her if it constant riding for hour or more with a leg stretch. Is that something yall did

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!